Director, Operational Management at Expedia Group
As the Director of Operational Management, you are responsible to deliver an optimized customer experience for our external clients aligned to their booking and service models!
What you’ll do
- Analyze performance and provide executive level summary on key insights, trends and impact of remedial actions against metrics.
- Own offline client customer experience metrics and actively work with outsource partners to identify root causes/issues and improve performance to meet and exceed targets.
- Work with the Client Brand teams, Workforce Management and Finance to deliver accurate call demand forecasts and budgetary planning and reconciliation.
- Lead all aspects of staffing projections cross-vendor and location and highlight any risks with impact assessment along with mitigation opportunities for business partners.
- Govern the operational processes and acceptance of all policies, tools, processes and initiatives.
- Effectively communicate the Expedia and client vision of the business to our vendors and front-line population
- Ensure operational concerns are acknowledged and prioritized accordingly.
- Develop and execute operational playbooks to mitigate impacts of events such as crisis, tool/site outages and Irregular Operations (IROPs).
- Ensure vendor deliverables align to client needs, contractual obligations & core business strategy.
- Work closely with Client Brand teams to understand and support implementation of new products and services.
- Partner with the Learning & Development and Quality teams to ensure compliance to Financial Institutional regulations are met.
- Work with partner teams to drive improvement across all aspects of the agent life cycle.
Who you are
- You have direct experience with contact center operations with an understanding of diverse operating models
- 5+ years of Operational management experience in a dynamic and sophisticated customer care environment
- 3+ years managing teams in a customer service environment demonstrating strong leadership
- 3+ years managing both on-shore and off-shore captive and outsourced operations
- Ability to effectively lead, empower and influence teams individually and through others
- Demonstrated effectiveness working in a highly matrixed organization
- Experience in developing and meeting/exceeding KPIs and SLAs
- Experience working in heavy data environment and being able to interpret and present clear and thoughtful analysis and actions
- Ability to work in both a team and client facing environment
- Business, leadership and performance management skills
- Travel or Ecommerce experience preferred; solid understanding of GDS preferred but not required
- Skilled at mapping cross functional and detailed processes
- Able to articulate complex issues
- Strong project management skills with demonstrated critical project deployed, working towards results
- Change management experience
- Willingness and passion for business travel (~25%)
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Why join us
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.