Director, Renewal Operations at PayScale
Paying the right way, getting paid what you’re worth — it’s complicated, and it matters. Compensation used to be a dark art. Not anymore. PayScale helps employers and their employees understand the right pay for every position and effectively communicate about compensation.
PayScale pioneered the use of crowd-sourced compensation data and unique matching algorithms to power the world’s most advanced compensation platform and continues to be the compensation market leader.
We foster a working environment that generates new ideas, promotes ownership and experimentation and encourages highly motivated individuals to be truly creative. Are you forward-thinking, tenacious, and inventive? If so, PayScale may be the perfect place for you to grow your career!Job Description
What We Do: The newly created Revenue Operations team is responsible for all systems, processes and data / insights for the Revenue organization - from marketing, to sales, to ongoing customer success, through to renewal. This includes activities such as management of the technology stack and the data that flows through it, design and maintenance of reporting that drives business decisions, design and management of processes and other related activities.
What You Do: As the Director of Renewal Operations, you play both a strategic and tactical role. You will begin by partnering with VP of Revenue Operations, the Director of Renewal Sales, Finance, and other key stakeholders to define the operational requirements for an effective renewals organization. This will include but is not limited to needed technology, data & insights, and cross-departmental processes. Developing this into a project plan, you will then own implementation of needed changes. This will involve driving action within other Revenue Operations functions (Business Intelligence, CRM), Revenue (new and renewal Sales), and other areas of the business (finance, IT, and others). Your initial focus is to get put into place accurate tracking and reporting of renewal and upsell opportunity and results. Once complete, you will progress towards implementing process and other changes that optimize renewal and upsell results. Throughout this, you will manage day-to-day operations related to the renewals business, including but not limited to management and assignment of sales opportunity, daily tracking and insights, compensation and rewards, and other topics.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Opportunity Assignment/Coverage/Segmentation Model (Data ownership)
- Quota creation and reporting
- Forecast Process/Documentation and template creation
- SFDC Hygiene process
- Gainsight – Renewals Sentiment/propensity to renew process
- Upsell reporting
- MQL (marketing qualified leads) and Out of Cycle upsell reporting
- Metrics/Reporting analysis (waterfall chart, bridge report, renewal rates, etc)
- QBR Data reporting
- Pricing recommendation engine for ARR increase/price increase
- 7-10 yrs experience in sales operations- preferably working within a renewals organization
- Extensive knowledge in SFDC, Tableau, Excel
- NetSuite experience preferred
- Proven success in strategic process development
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and problem-solve to address internal process gaps
- Demonstrated ability to focus on company needs and communicate with all levels of employees (including executive presence)
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Aptitude to learn new technology and data
Meet Your Manager: This role will report to the VP of Revenue Operations. A recent addition to Payscale, the VP brings 20 years of experience spanning strategy, operations and various aspects of revenue operations specifically. For the past 10 years, your manager has lived and breathed revenue operations - including roles in pricing, inside and field sales leadership, renewal sales leadership, sales operations and sales strategy. Outside of work, your manager is passionate about raising his children and exercising.
Benefits & Perks – The Highlights:
- Flexible Paid Time Off policy
- 10 paid holidays
- Amazing Medical/Vision/Dental/Prescription coverage: 100% company-paid premiums for employees; 50% for eligible partners and dependents
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) options for pre-tax employee allocations towards: Medical, Dependent Care, Parking, and Transit
- Long Term Disability, Short Term Disability, and Company-paid Life Insurance
- Strong Maternity and Paternity Leave benefits, and multiple onsite Mother’s Rooms
- 401k which vests immediately, complete with company match
- Onsite bike storage, lockers, showers, and clothes dryer
- Ergo friendly chairs and sitting-standing desks
- Company-hosted happy hours every Friday afternoon
- Fido Fridays (our canine colleagues join us the first Friday of every month. WOOF!)
Equal Opportunity Employer: PayScale provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. PayScale complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.