Director, SOX Compliance at Outreach
Your Daily Adventures
- Own the design, implementation, and assessment of the internal control framework
- Work collaboratively with business and process owners to educate on a best-in-class internal control environment and to provide support to ensure controls are designed and implemented effectively.
- Assist in the SOX 404 scoping and planning which includes assessing financial statement risk and mapping significant locations to key process, systems, and accounts to determine the annual SOX plan.
- Identify and map mitigating internal controls for all key controls to avoid severe control deficiencies.
- Lead the annual walkthrough process with controls owners and external auditors to ensure documentation reflects current business processes and systems.
- Lead 302 certification process.
- Partner with Accounting and IT/Security for SEC and ISO requirements and drive synergies in processes.
- Deliver timely reporting on the internal control framework and to Controller, CISO, CFO and Audit Committee.
- Work closely with external auditors for testing, including timing, internal testing results with a goal to obtain controls reliance for external audits timely.
- Identify strategic and enterprise risks, advise on strategy, and maintain and update documentation.
- Perform and coordinate reviews of SOC 1 audits and test results for in scope systems.
- Actively seek standardization and automation for managing internal controls and deploy innovative technology solutions to continuously improve the design and operation effectiveness of controls, documentation, and assessment of internal controls.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in internal audit or accounting at a publicly traded company
- SaaS experience preferred
- Big 4 audit experience
- CPA required
- Knowledge of control frameworks for both financial and IT controls
- Adept at assessing complex IT environments
- Knowledge of NetSuite, Coupa, and Zuora preferred