Director, Strategic Initiatives
Director, Strategic Initiatives
We revolutionize travel through the power of technology.
Changing and innovating in the market to drive Expedia’s growth is at the heart of what we do at the Business Development team and we are currently recruiting. If you want to be part of one of the most exciting brands in technology and are looking for your next high-profile role where you can build the paths in which we grow, you should read on.
As a Director in Business Development, you will have full ownership to drive impact and execute strategic projects and methods across the Lodging Partner Services (LPS) group. LPS is a strategically crucial organization that handles our core relationships with more than 400,000+ Global Hotel Partners in 200+ countries. These Hotel Partners are our valued suppliers as well as B2B customers. This position will act as an essential business partner to the LPS group to develop and execute business strategy, in close coordination with the Product team and our brands.
What you’ll do:
- Help Set Our Strategy: Work closely with and advise Strategic Accounts SVP, VP and Directors on topics ranging from specific analyses and experiments to annual strategic planning to multi-year visions. Examples include: Reviewing our hotel compensation strategy and defining and valuing partner customer segments to identify which ones we should prioritize.
- Lead Projects and Programs: Be the glue that brings teams together to ensure key strategic initiatives achieve their full effect. Be a results-oriented, multi-tasker, driving cross-functional groups to decisions on strategically important questions.
- Find Facts and Uncover Insights: Use our rich dataset to help improve our collective understanding of what our strategic partners need from the Expedia Group platform. Uncover opportunities for efficiency and growth from algorithmic tweaks to tectonic shifts in strategy.
- Build Relationships: Work with other functional areas (Finance, Product, Marketing, Legal, Engineering, People Operations, etc.) to ensure we are bringing all available tools to bear on our toughest problems.
- You will relentlessly identify and evaluate key strategic trends, opportunities, & risks with particular focus on how we can drive effectiveness across the LPS organization and the broader Expedia Group.
- Frame the found opportunities including organic and inorganic growth options into specific initiatives and obtain agreement
- You will develop & effectively operationalize our lodging strategy and operating plan with internal and external Expedia partners by gaining their consensus and active support
- You will collaborate with our Analytics team to build fact-based insights and drive decision-making on investments and trade-offs, including launching and leading tests on key hypotheses
- Act as the expert for ongoing innovations in the lodging business, identifying and broadly implementing the best ways of working across the organization
- Initiatives may include for example: sales and operational effectiveness, scoping and launching new lines of business, supply/demand investments, pricing and go-to-market strategy, supply organization optimization, post-merger integrations of supply teams etc.
- Other reasonable duties, as assigned
Who you are:
- You have 10+ years of experience, with a preference for those with a management consulting background and/ or a similar role in a leading technology company; MBA strongly preferred
- You are able to lead, handle & mobilize multiple partners (including top executives) and demands in a dynamic change orientated environment
- You have the ability to strategize, design and execute towards forward-thinking goals, and generate creative new approaches to solving business problems
- You are self-motivated, self-aware, and able to drive reciprocal success with limited mentorship.
- You have excellent communication skills with ability to present complex concepts to both executive leadership and operational teams
- Exceptional problem solving and analytical skills using an analytical approach, and draws upon business insight where information is incomplete
- You have an appetite for driving business impact / execution, including in a highly autonomous role
- Teammate - Builds a climate of inclusion and implements inclusive strategies to bring a diverse set of perspectives to the team and solutions
- You have international experience and/or experience online or in the travel industry.
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
Changing and innovating in the market to drive Expedia’s growth is at the heart of what we do at the Business Development team and we are currently recruiting. If you want to be part of one of the most exciting brands in technology and are looking for your next high-profile role where you can collaboratively create the paths in which we grow, this job is for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®,lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating a versatile work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorizationExpedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.