Director of Strategic Supply
Convoy, one of the fastest growing startups in the U.S., is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Convoy offers companies the best option for moving their freight through its network of thousands of technology-connected trucking companies. Shippers get instant quotes, real-time GPS tracking on all shipments, and actionable business analytics to improve their supply chain. Trucking companies get access to free tools and resources that allow them to find loads they want, drive fuller trucks, and get paid quickly. Convoy is growing quickly and hiring in every area. Come join a company that is literally moving the world forward!
Founded in 2015, Convoy is backed by this century's leading disruptors, including the founders and CEOs of Amazon, Salesforce, eBay, Linkedin, Expedia, Dropbox, KKR, Starbucks, and others.
You are a strategic, data-driven leader who can work across functions to diagnose root causes of problems and execute solutions. You’re results-oriented, both for the business and for your customers. You are ideally experienced in a marketplace business, familiar with the relationship between supply and demand. You’re great at experimenting with new solutions, assessing success, and choosing the right solutions for big investments.
- Create, maintain, and monitor the demand vs. supply balance by market, in partnership with Convoy’s data science team.
- Ensure that we have the engaged supply ready to meet forecasted shipments in each market.
- Work with our sales and central teams to optimize the demand coming into the marketplace
- Design experiments to test new levers for building supply
- Ongoing experimentation to measure and optimize the effectiveness of tactics
- Data modeling
- Strategy experience
- Familiarity with growth marketing
- Experience in marketplaces ideal
Read Full Job Description