Director of Support Services
Do you thrive in a flexible agile environment, focused on innovation, continuous delivery, DevOps and automation? Do you enjoy designing and implementing solutions in a Salesforce environment, providing high performing and reliable experience for call center and Sales Agents? Are you passionate about delivering secure and high-quality products to agents who service our customers around the globe?
Expedia Group, the largest Online Travel Agency (OLTA), is looking for a highly motivated and focused Systems Engineer Director for our Expedia Salesforce Team Support Services team. If you answered “Yes” to these questions, then we are eager to hear from you.
Expedia Salesforce Team
The LPS Enablement Solutions Team supports Expedia Inc and her sister brands by implementing platform and operational enhancements to improve efficiency. The internal Expedia Group teams we help support serve customers and hotel suppliers in many functions including: hotel onboarding onto our websites, guest outreach and relocations, supplier account management, and daily billing and booking inquires. The LPS Enablement Solutions Team supports over 1600 sales representatives as well as an in-sourced call center and support staff team of 1000+ with 21+ global operating locations supporting supplier/customer interactions in 26 languages.
As Expedia Group is ramping up acquisition of hotel suppliers, the LPS Enablement Solutions Team is looking for a self starter to join the team in moving our Support Services team into the future.
What You'll Do:
- Drive incident problem resolution working alongside other infrastructure teams, to resolve issues related to security, applications, storage, messaging, networking, and servers.
- Ability to participate in an on call rotation for off hours support to resolve critical issues.
- Use your systems thinking approach to propose solutions to simplify our environment by reducing dependencies, automating work and partnering across teams to deliver a reliable and stable service
- Partner with security teams for vulnerability assessment and remediation
- Refine the release and deployment processes for agile delivery on Salesforce and AWS platforms, and enforce best practices & tools usage for CI/CD
- Enhance the application support processes, implement monitoring and process automations in order to support a global user base
- Analyze application usage utilizing Splunk & Cloudwatch, identify application improvement areas, build alerting frameworks
- Define support SLAs, manage production critical issues coordinating with external teams, stakeholder reporting for key metrics
- Lead and mentor a team of talented engineers and support analysts, across the globe
Who You Are:
- Experience in Web Operations, Application Support, or similar position OR Bachelors/Masters degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering or related discipline
- Monitoring, Event Management, Analytics experience.
- Demonstrated ability to construct complex SQL queries or write automated scripts for testing and analysis is great!
- Programming experience on any of the languages like Python, R, PHP, Angular JS, Node.js, Java, C#, etc.
- Understanding of design, development & integration experience on cloud platforms (i.e. AWS) in a continuous delivery environment.
- Understanding of large-scale, complex systems from a reliability perspective.
- Good communication skills (including listening, speaking, and writing) and ability to work well in a diverse, team-focused environment with other Site Reliability Engineers, Developers and Program Managers.
- Aim to ensure user experience and strong customer-centric point-of-view.
- Experience in Cloud & Enterprise based monitoring tools, such as, Splunk, Cloudwatch, Catch Point, Seyren etc. is a plus.
- Citrix Engineering role with extensive experience with supporting a large enterprise environment with over 3,000 users along with designing, implementing, and supporting
Relentlessly Strive for Better
- Builds customer confidence, is committed to increasing customer satisfaction, sets achievable customer expectations, assumes responsibility for solving customer problems, ensures commitments to customers are met, solicits opinions and ideas from customers, responds to internal customers
- Generates new ideas, challenges the status quo, takes risks, supports change, encourages innovation, solves problems creatively
Have a Bias to Action
- Tackles problems and takes independent action, seeks out new responsibilities, acts on opportunities, generates new ideas, practices self-development
- Manages a fair workload, prioritizes tasks, develops good work procedures, manages time well, handles information flow and spends majority of time and resources on high priority items
- Targets and achieves results, sets challenging goals, prioritizes tasks, overcomes obstacles, accepts accountability
Be Open and Honest
- Communicates well both verbally and in writing, creates accurate and punctual reports, delivers presentations, shares information and ideas with others, listens carefully and considers what others have to say, including differing viewpoints
- Deals with others in a straightforward and honest manner, is accountable for actions, maintains confidentiality, supports company values, conveys good news and bad
Be Data Driven and Business Judgement Led
- Recognizes problems and responds, systematically gathers information, sorts through complex issues, seeks input from others, addresses root cause of issues, makes timely decisions, can make difficult decisions, communicates decisions to others
Why Join Us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
#li-my2Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.