Director, Travel Operations at Expedia Group
Director, Travel Operations
As the Director, Travel Operations you are responsible to deliver an optimized customer experience for our external clients aligned to their booking and service models. You are accountable for defining process, policy and business rules in partnership with business stakeholders and supplier representatives, positively influencing the overall cost, quality and compliance objectives for the clients. You will use cross team collaboration and business analytics to reduce customer effort and simplify process workflow across all serviced products. You will ensure appropriate staffing is in place and will manage complex projects working closely with internal and external partners. You will create a cohesive, scalable and optimized service experience.
- You ensure our clients’ support portfolio, agents’ tools and self-service automation, are aligned to their brand strategy and best in class
- You identify and champion opportunities to scale best practices efficiently and improve customer experiences working across brand teams to leverage business intelligence
- You have a vision for service excellence and passion to achieving it to meet and exceed financial and experience objectives.
- Effectively manage a team, setting clear objectives and providing consistent and appropriate support, mentoring and coaching to achieve them
- You develop a framework for consistent process, policy and workflow creation and implementation and provide critical linkages between ES clients and call center partners
- Analyze performance and provide internal and external executive level summary presentations on weekly, monthly, quarterly and ad hoc basis
- Oversee staffing projections cross-vendor and location and highlight risks and opportunities for business stakeholders
- Liaise and maintain productive and effective working relationships with executive-level external Partners and internal GCO and ES Account Management Teams
- Ensure Client is informed regularly on operational performance, gaps and customer/agent feedback.
- Work with other Expedia Group brands to understand and align with shared services for flawless project execution for outsourced and internal call center operations.
- Partner across functions to identify and test opportunities for issue prevention, customer experience improvement and operational efficiencies with focus on skilling and routing technology, online customer self-service, and agent tools Test & Learns.
- Work with Global Product and Technical teams to design and implement new and optimize existing Agent tools and features for sales and servicing of travel products
- Support controlled yet effective tool testing in live operational environment with care to mitigate any risk to resolution of customer issues
- Create innovative plans to drive and achieve revenue/quality targets in a multi-vendor operating model
- Build processes to identify, report and communicate opportunities for process and system improvements in support of customer experience and optimized efficiency
- Identify, analyze, develop and recommend plans for increased vendor performance
- Effectively communicate the Expedia and client vision of the business to our vendors
- Regularly review progress and delivery with EG stakeholders to inform and direct ongoing GCO strategy
The successful candidate will have experience with contact center operations and account management; have initiative, be a quick learner, be detail oriented and possess excellent problem-solving skills. In addition, candidate must possess the following:
- 5+ years of Operations or account management experience in a dynamic and complex customer care environment
- 3+ years managing teams in a customer service environment demonstrating great people skills and strong leadership experience
- Understanding of diverse operating models and contact center industry best practices
- Ability to effectively manage, motivate and influence teams individually and through others
- Demonstrated effectiveness working in a highly matrixed organization
- Experience and proven success in developing and meeting/exceeding KPIs and SLAs
- Experience working in heavy data environment and being able to interpret and present clear and thoughtful analysis and actions
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
- Outstanding communication, presentation and collaboration skills
- Proficiency in MS Office suite
- Proven business, leadership and performance management skills
- Travel or Ecommerce experience preferred; working knowledge of GDS preferred but not required
- Skilled at mapping cross functional and detailed complex processes
- Strong communication skills to articulate complex issues to internal and external stakeholders and leaders
- Build meaningful relationships and influence others without direct reporting line
- Exceptional organization and time management skills
- Strong ability to both lead and be a critical member of multiple projects
- Strong project management skills with demonstrated critical project deployed, driving to results
- Proven ability to work autonomously in higher pressure/demanding team
- Openness and enthusiasm for business travel (~25%)
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground, so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Experience and Qualification:
Relocation (Y/N):Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.