ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud‑based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies.®
We’re looking for people who are ready to jump right in and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.Job Description
The Strategic Initiatives team is a strategy, innovation and acceleration team that focuses on emerging challenges and opportunities facing ServiceNow leaders. It advances thought leadership, process innovation, business value maturity, and solution prototyping activities that enable IT to contribute to revenue growth, operational efficiency, and happy employees & customers.
To ensure success, we are looking for a Director of Value Management to build and launch our Business Value Advisory service in IT. This is a highly hands-on, senior role who will be the organization’s value “guru” – offering both strategic and tactical subject matter expertise to executives to help drive clarity and alignment of our priorities, through the lens of business value. Through years of practical, multi-domain experience, business value mastery, executive gravitas, and fundamental knowledge of business and technology trends, the Value Management leader builds and develops trusted advisor relationships with IT and Business Executives, as well as Service Owners across ServiceNow.
What you get to do in this role:
- Business Value Advisory
- Design and build a new Business Value Advisory service, including a multi-year roadmap and operating structure
- Engage with Business Stakeholder and IT Executives and Service Owners to define, design, and mature business value metrics for their corresponding domains
- Lead value discovery workshops to understand key business objectives, outcomes, and measurement approaches
- Build strong business cases for the most critical technology programs of the company
- Champion business value maturity and rigor through ongoing training & enablement efforts
- Strategic Operations Advisory
- Build and maintain IT’s Business Value Metric library, ensuring relevance, adoption, and integration into IT’s operational processes
- Establish and carry a wide-angle view of business value across the organization and present insights and recommendations to primary stakeholders through business reviews and interlocks
- Work closely with Business Operations, PMO, and Now on Now stakeholders to govern business value end-to-end, including intake, prioritization, value realization, and data hygiene
- Thought leadership
- Identify, lead, and contribute to the creation of new business value collateral and IP
- Design innovative value models, methodologies, white papers, frameworks, and services that promote the maturity and adoption of business value
- Stay ahead of trends and emerging opportunities while building external presence through webinars, events, and other publications
- Foster ServiceNow ‘value ideation’ through partnership with ServiceNow product and Go to Market teams
Skills & Qualifications:
- A minimum of 12 years of relevant experience:
- Value engineering and business value modeling
- Experience in multiple business domains and functional disciplines
- Adept at navigating cross-functional business processes and trends
- MBA from a top-tier institution preferred
- Experience in value management for large transformation projects (Sales, Channels, Finance) highly preferred
- Strategic and consultative mindset at multiple levels of the organization (C-suite to Business Analysts)
- Strong interpersonal skills to coach and develop new and future-state behaviors
- Excellent communication, presentation, meeting facilitation and white boarding skills
- High level of executive gravitas with a humble demeanor
- Strong ability to simplify and communicate complex topics to an audience with various functional knowledge
- Exemplary analytical and financial acumen
- Good clock speed with an ability to consume, digest and respond to data
- Strong work ethic, humility and excellent team building communication and listening skills
- Enjoy working in a highly collaborative, fast paced and often ambiguous environment
- Product management and/or ServiceNow experience preferred
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at +1 (408) 501-8550, or [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.