Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Our mission is to transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste. The industry is huge and so is the opportunity to change the way freight moves.
The next time you’re out driving and see an 18-wheeler on the road, that truck is empty 35% of the time. When big trucks drive empty, they throw unnecessary CO2 into the atmosphere. In fact, empty trucks generate more than 76 million metric tons of wasted carbon emissions every year. At Convoy, our digital freight network helps reduce those empty miles and cut carbon waste by nearly half.
This is your opportunity to collaborate with an incredible group of people and help transform the freight industry. Join Convoy and help move the world forward.
The Director of Convoy's Workplace Operations is a strategic executive responsible to support the health, safety, security of our employees with our existing offices in Seattle, Atlanta, and future global offices. This person is responsible for coordinating needs with the Facilities Managers, Real Estate Director, and will work closely with various interdependent departments. The ideal candidate will champion Convoy’s creative, collaborative and innovative workplace solutions with a focus on return to work, employee safety, and flexibility for our employees.
- Create and drive outcomes that enable a consistent and great employee work experience.
- Strategically manage each office's needs, standardization of procedures and experience in each location and consistent communication with executives and leaders in each office.
- Drive initiatives that enable our employees to maximize their workplace productivity on both a physical and virtual (in partnership with IT and HR) basis; ensure our facilities and physical security are fully operational with maximum uptime and outstanding employee satisfaction; and lead site strategy and capabilities work that optimize our centers of excellence work locations on a number of dimensions including remote work efficacy, retention, strategic capabilities definition, and site well being.
- Manage vendors and contractors in each location fostering external partner relationships with landlords and security teams.
- Manage internal and external partners that provide janitorial services/maintenance, reception, event support, plants, shipping/receiving, public transportation discounts, and furniture/fixtures repair and movement.
- Coordinate Convoy’s workplace needs with cross-functional partners including, Facilities Managers, Real Estate Director, Benefits, IT, Finance, Human Resources and will work closely with various interdependent departments.
- Direct a workplace team that works in a highly collaborative manner focused on providing superior service and support for our internal employees and external customers.
- Travel and oversight of the portfolio are essential to the role. Expectations can include 25% travel, with even higher percentages during peak projects.
We're looking for someone who has:
- BA or BS Degree
- 10+ years of experience leading a team in high-growth, innovative environments.
- Significant experience in operations, customer service, hospitality
- Effectively utilize strong leadership skills with a strong customer(employee) focus while strategically navigating a rapidly growing, cost conscious, and evolving environment.
- Strategically drive each office's needs to support and align with the company’s growth strategy.
- Built and fostered excellent relationships with key stakeholders in core internal functions; actively participate in strategy surrounding the company’s growth, expansion, site optimization, and M&A activity.
- Influenced employee population on Convoy's evolving values on site management; broadly distinguish a differentiation for Convoy's employees and demonstrate thought leadership on providing best in class space management.
- Created and implemented continuous improvement opportunities to drive a great people work experience and enables optimized workplace productivity in an environment where “workplace” includes physical and remote places.
- Responsible for driving and leading the tactical and strategic activities with a focus on continuous improvement, quality of service, and the capacity to plan and scale an expanding organization.
- The ability to collaborate with the real estate and project teams to open new offices, hire and train talent and operate each office with Convoy’s culture and values at the center
- A dynamic self-starter, the successful candidate must also be able to prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities, and interact with multiple internal and external customers simultaneously. The leadership expectations include the capacity to navigate in an ambiguous environment, to develop and communicate, the willingness and ability to lead and influence with flexibility and ultimately drive change.
Employees' wellbeing is top of mind for the Convoy team. Outside of offering excellent medical, dental, and vision benefits, we also offer the following:
* On demand mental and emotional health benefits through Lyra
* On demand primary care through 98.6
* Generous paid time off
* Paid parental leave program
* Fertility benefit solutions via Progyny
* Child-care and adult/elder-care options through Bright Horizons
* Opportunity to join and contribute to one of our Employee Resource Groups
* Ability to make a real world impact!
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!