Enablement Leader Role at Outreach
Sorry, this job was removed at 12:26 p.m. (PST) on Friday, June 19, 2020
Outreach is a leader in sales engagement software and one of the fastest growing technology companies in the country. As a leader in the industry, we expect the Field Enablement Leader to build out a world-class field enablement program to equip our sales development, sales and customer success teams with the right skills, knowledge, process and enablement tools to maximize sales growth and customer success impact. Your success will be measured by the overall business impact of our enablement services, collaboration across teams, feedback from key stakeholders and deployment of a strategic and data-driven enablement framework.
- Assess and thoroughly understand the current capabilities and gaps across all revenue team roles (sales development, sales, customer success, support) and channels through the customer lifecycle (competencies, abilities, knowledge, skills, etc.).
- Assess and understand current usage/leverage of content assets and evolve into a modern, audience-focused content strategy (e.g. online training courses, compete battle cards, product innovation cycle (GTM launch of new capabilities), Intranet content, ….).
- Partner with Sales, Marketing, Customer Success and Revenue Operations to build out highly scalable enablement programs with programmatic refresh/update schedule (e.g. Sales and Customer Success onboarding, value selling, internal use of Outreach platform capabilities and ongoing enablement).
- Craft an impactful initial onboarding experience (“boot camp”) which enables participants to minimize time to first sale (sales) or time to first customer engagement (CS), and sets up an ongoing, role and segment optimized enablement program.
- Design and create a blend of formal and informal learning modalities (“Modern Learning”) to create high impact learning experiences.
- Apply sales-as-a-science principles by designing and implementing metrics that systematically measure and quantify the impact and effectiveness of sales training and enablement programs.
- Implement a modern, audience targeted communications program to optimize reception and relevancy of enablement communications.
- Design a rigorous enablement feedback loop and process to monitor the effectiveness and quality of the sales enablement services provided.
- Identify, prioritize and operationalize sales + customer success best practices and make them part of the overall sales “DNA”.
- Support all major enablement and related sales events (Revenue Kick Off, etc.)Manage and optimize the adoption of our LMS platform (Showpad).
- Engage in effective cross-team work to maximize the impact of our compete strategy.
- Create a best-in-class field enablement organization by effectively leading, managing and developing the Field Enablement team, and providing thought leadership to our customers and partners.
- Bachelor’s degree in a business or information systems field, or equivalent experience. MBA is a strong plus.
- Minimum of 8+ years of field enablement experience in larger SaaS organizations with increasing influence and responsibility.
- Additional experience in other enablement fields (e.g. partner enablement) and/or marketing, customer success is a strong plus in order to understand the big picture and being able to connect the dots.
- Strong SaaS business acumen and relevant experience in Enterprise SW sales and success motions.
- Demonstrated strategic thinking and while being able to roll up the sleeves.
- Exceptional analytical and process skills (e.g. Six Sigma, business analysis).
- Proven track record in building highly scalable enablement programs.
- Successful history of customer first, result-orientation and ownership.
- Exceptional communication skills and successful history of cross-functional collaboration.
- Flexibility and ability to adjust on the fly to new business demands and changing environments.
- Strong involvement in sales enablement groups (e.g. Sales Enablement Society, Modern Sales Pros) and thought leadership is a strong plus.
- Commitment to conceptual approaches like ADKAR (Awareness, Desire, Knowledge, Ability, Reinforcement)
- Experience with implementing approaches like SPIN or Challenger Sales.
Why You’ll Love It Here
• 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees
• Flexible time off
• 401k to help you save for the future
• Company-organized and personal paid volunteer days to support the community that supports us
• Fun company and team outings because we play just as hard as we work
• Diversity and inclusion programs that promote employee resource groups like OWN (Outreach Women's Network)
• A parental leave program that includes not just extended time off but options for a paid night nurse, food delivery, gradual return to work, and the Gottman Institute's Bringing Home Baby course for new parents
• Employee referral bonuses to encourage the addition of great new people to the team
• Plus, unlimited snacks and beverages in our kitchen
Read Full Job Description