Executive Assistant - Product, Tech, Adjacencies at Rover
!Sorry, this job was removed at 11:33 a.m. (PST) on Saturday, September 7, 2019
Who we are:
Rover.com connects pet parents with the nation’s largest network of pet sitters and dog walkers. On Rover, pet parents can easily discover, book, and manage personalized care for their dogs including pet sitting, dog walking, and doggy day care. Founded in 2011 on the belief that everyone should have the opportunity to experience the unconditional love of a dog, Rover improves and simplifies life for pet parents and the dogs they love.
We're headquartered in downtown Seattle. We're an agile, fast-growing startup, and our leadership comes from some of the country's most respected tech companies. Our Senior Leadership team has been recognized by Forbes, Seattle Business, and Geekwire. For the past three years we have been nominated as one of Seattle's "Best Places to Work" by Seattle Business Magazine, and celebrated awards in 2016 and 2017 by Seattle Met magazine and the Puget Sound Business Journal. We're also the recipient of World’s Most Dog-Friendly Offices in 2016 by Inc.com. Needless to say (but we're going to say it anyway)—we love dogs, and we wouldn't dream of going to work without them by our sides.
Who we're looking for:
Rover has seen tremendous growth and success over our 6-year history. As our company prepares for the next phase of our growth, we are searching for a talented Executive Assistant to support our engineering, product, and adjacencies team. In this role, you will get to learn an incredible amount about our business, work with amazing employees across the organization, and above all help us further Rover’s mission as we continue to grow in the coming years.
The Executive Assistant must be flexible, detail-oriented, results driven, and have exceptional organizational skills. Know how to maintain a balance among multiple priorities, have strong written and verbal communication skills and above all - a positive attitude!
- Past experience supporting VP-level executives in an administrative capacity.
- Experience managing multiple calendars in a fast paced and dynamic environment. With that, an ability to understand the business and priorities, and make appropriate scheduling decisions.
- Since you will have access to a large amount of information, we are looking for someone with a strong track record of trust and confidentiality.
- Exemplary planning and time management skills.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize daily workload.
- Proven experience in creating reports and spreadsheets.
- Proven skills, knowledge base, and judgment necessary for independent decision making.
- Excellent organizational, time management and problem solving skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Highly detail oriented and outstanding follow through.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer relations skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and be flexible to last minute changes/ directions.
- Demonstrated advanced proficiency with Google Suite products is a plus.
- Associate's Degree or equivalent experience preferred.
- Heavy calendaring, expense reports, travel plans, itineraries, and events for the CTO and ~2 VP and Sr leaders at Rover. This would include annual calendar to reflect timing for key business rhythms like budgeting and performance reviews.
- Partner with CTO and VPs to identify trends in their calendars and help ensure time is allocated to highest business priorities.
- Provide smooth communication between the internal departments, showing leadership to maintain credibility, trust, and support with Senior Leadership.
- Work closely with the CTO and VPs to keep them well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities.
- Prioritize conflicting needs, follow through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
- Own improving social cohesion on the team through planning activities, events and programs
- Partner with other EA’s around the organization to schedule and manage leadership meetings including budgeting and planning.
- Help manage department level expense budgets.
- Help prep for successful company meetings.
- Serves as a point of contact for the teams you support.
- Helps facilitate successful onboarding of new employees, including introductory meetings, onboarding materials, and seating location preparation.
Benefits of Working at Rover.com:
- Competitive compensation
- Stock options
- Flexible PTO
- Competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Commuter benefits
- Bring your dog to work (and unlimited puppy time)
- Doggy benefits, including $1000 toward adopting your first dog
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats (for humans and dogs)
- Free catered lunches semi-monthly
- Regular team activities, including happy hours, snow tubing, game nights, and more
- 50 free dog walks a year (Seattle only - for now!)
Candidates must be eligible to work in the US.
Rover is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting a diverse, inclusive and inventive environment with the best employees. We’re driven by seeing our people succeed and grow, and we work to ensure everyone contributes to their fullest potential. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, protected veteran status, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Read Full Job Description