Filing Specialist at Trupanion
The Actuarial Department at Trupanion is recruiting for a filing specialist. This person will be responsible for preparing, submitting, and tracking SERFF filings for all our product lines. This is an exciting opportunity to work with cross-functional in order to make a measurable impact on both our new and existing lines of business.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Work with the actuarial and compliance teams to prepare, submit and monitor SERFF filings
- Manage SERFF filings to timely completion
- Track and communicate the progress of filings through the filing lifecycle.
- Work directly with state regulators and key internal business partners to respond to questions and objections through SERFF
- Foster effective working relationships with key internal business partners
- Information expert with the ability to understand and educate on unique state-level filing requirements
Qualifications ( Please include a cover letter with your application !)
Education, Registration & Certification/Experience:
- Bachelors degree preferred, equivalent experience accepted
- Experience in insurance compliance (strongly preferred)
- Experience in reading, reviewing, and filing of P&C policy forms at a state level (preferred)
- Some general knowledge of Microsoft applications required
- 1-3 years relevant experience preferred
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
- Ability to plan, lead and execute projects
- Work in a timely manner and often under tight deadlines
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Resourcefulness, creativity, and resilience
- Highly driven and motivated to work in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
Benefits and Perks:
- Bonus opportunities
- Full medical, dental, and vision benefits at no cost to the employee
- Four weeks paid time off and 9 paid float holidays (you can decide which days are most important to you!)
- Five-week sabbatical after five years of employment
- Restricted Stock Units
- Open, casual, pet-friendly, and fun office environment
- Free medical health insurance for your pet (1 dog or cat)
- Paid time off to volunteer at nonprofit organizations
- Seattle Office Amenities: Free on-site gym, free dog walking services for office pets during business hours, free parking, and paid ORCA cards.
We're all about helping pets. We promote a cohesive and nimble team environment, and we hire, develop and promote team members. We trust each other. We are transparent and honest. We care about one another and want to see our team members succeed, personally and professionally. We strive to promote from within and reduce bureaucracy to allow creative thinking. We're focused on providing continuous training and support to all team members to encourage long-term happiness and success.
Take a look inside our office and see for yourself:
We're more than insurance - we're a tech company too! Learn more about how you can use Trupanion to pay your vet directly here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdWZ4KHiPTQ
Trupanion Team DNA:
At Trupanion, we achieve great things together when we are:
- Caring: We are kind to each other and assume positive intent.
- Collaborative: We work together to achieve company goals (we not me).
- Courageous: We are determined, take risks, and make bold moves.
- Curious: We seek new information to continually better ourselves and our work.
- Honest: We believe candid communication leads to successful teamwork.
- Inclusive: We welcome and value all people and perspectives.
- Nimble: We readily adapt and evolve in pursuit of progress and innovation.
For more information about Trupanion, visit http://trupanion.com/about
Trupanion is an equal opportunity employer and embraces diversity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, abilities, perspectives, and skills.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, perform essential job functions, and receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodations.