Global Events Manager
Around the world, billions upon billions of mobile phone calls are made every single day, and yet the phone app has remained unchanged since smartphones launched over a decade ago. Hiya is building the modern trust and identity layer for the phone call experience. We serve more than 100M users worldwide directly through our apps and in partnerships with mobile device makers like Samsung and mobile carriers like AT&T. We also serve businesses with a rapidly maturing SaaS platform designed to help call center operators, marketers and others who rely on real time connections to amplify trust in their brand to reach more customers. With offices in Seattle, London, and Budapest, and backing from top investors in the US and Europe, we are an exceptionally diverse and skilled team positioned to change the mobile phone experience forever.
The Global Events Manager is responsible for planning, managing and growing Hiya’s events program, including tradeshows, corporate events, partner events, and internal events. Responsibilities include event strategy, planning, vendor management, lead/prospect management and event return on investment analysis. Drive the development of event playbooks that include lead/prospect goals and objectives, event summary details, coverage schedules, key event messaging, target prospect lists, events summaries, travel schedules. This role will work closely with key internal partners including sales, business development, product marketing, demand generation, communications and finance. At least 50% travel is required.
What you will do:
- Work to develop and implement a global events strategy to support lead generation while maximizing efficiencies.
- End-to-end management of all internal and external event logistics including return on investment objectives, planning, onsite execution, event flow and follow-up activities post-event.
- Manage vendor relationships and coordinate event logistics, including event locations, selecting convention booth space, handling booth exhibit design, logistics and shipping, arranging for event spaces and audiovisual requirements, swag, and scheduling travel.
- Provide timely reporting of performance metrics, analysis of results, and benchmark against established ROI objectives.
- Work closely with other members of the marketing organization on event-specific messaging, materials, demos and speaking opportunities.
- Remain current on new trends in events management and exhibit design and technologies that can be used to enhance the product demo experience.
- Travel 50%+ per year to events all over the United States and eventually international as well.
What we expect from you:
- 5-7 years of experience in event planning, with tradeshow and corporate event focus
- Experience negotiating vendor contracts as well as coordinating event production, shipping and travel logistics.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, problem solve and keep calm in a fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to confidently represent the company across multiple industries as a customer-facing brand ambassador
- Extremely strong attention to detail
- Work effectively in a growing and evolving organization with some ambiguity and potential for change
- Knowledge of the mobile ecosystem is helpful, but not required
Hiya is fast-growing startup that offers a team of dynamic and experienced executives at the helm, and a hardworking team of international colleagues at your side. We value getting things done for our customers and consistently improving ourselves and products along the way.
Hiya is an equal opportunity employer. We value and embrace diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age or disability status.
This position is based in Seattle in our beautiful waterfront office, next to Pike Place Market.