Global Lead Instock Manager
About the role:
- Manage and lead the improvement in inventory availability, increasing inventory efficiency and ensuring that the company makes efficient supply chain decisions including improvement to inventory management processes over time.
- Take ownership of building a highly automated replenishment system and involve key stakeholders in the process (e.g.; forecasting, lead times, buying policies).
- Develop and manage inventory forecasts by working with Buyers to plan product launches, peak season, and industry shifts.
- Manage the relationship with key vendors that drive the business and optimize the end to end process.
- Manage inventory health by setting and executing exit strategies for unproductive inventory.
- Perform root-cause analysis/reporting on operational issues, and then manage the solution to those issues.
- Own & drive the roadmap for Instock management metrics
- Manage and develop direct reports to be strong owners of their categories.
What we’re looking for:
This candidate should have previous experience in supply chain/operations/inventory management as well as a background in retail or e-commerce. They must be able to work in a fast-scaling but collegial environment where teamwork is a must. The right candidate will be flexible, action and results oriented, and self-starting. They must also be decisive and able to move with speed to implement their own ideas.
- 5+ years of experience in buying, product management, vendor management, retail, e-commerce
- Professional experience in negotiating with internal and external stakeholders
- Proficiency with Excel and extracting data through varied reporting tools in order to drive and influence business decisions
- Ability to understand multiple retail business models and their technical implementation.
- Ability to prioritize work in a complex, fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work with ambiguous problems.
- Bachelor's degree majored in supply chain, finance, technical, business, analytical or related majors. (mathematics, computer science/engineering, engineering, statistics, economics etc.)
Bonus points for:
- Bilingual in Korean
- Strong proficiency in analytical tools including Microsoft Excel, SQL and statistical software
- MBA or MS in: Supply Chain or Operations Mgmt
- Experience with process improvement techniques such as Kaizen, Lean Manufacturing or Six Sigma
- Proven experience leading cross-functional projects
- Strong communication skills - speaking, writing, presenting and negotiating
- Ability to operate simultaneously and effectively in both tactical and strategic modes
- A willingness to roll up sleeves to get things done
- Management experience
- Autonomy to make decisions in a rapidly growing company
- Free medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 18 days PTO + 12 national holidays off
- 401K matching
- Pre-IPO stock options
- Mobile & fitness reimbursement
- Flexible working hours
It is the policy of Coupang Global LLC to afford equal opportunity for employment to all individuals regardless of race, color, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, history of disability, ancestry, citizenship status, political affiliation, religion, gender, transgender, gender identity, marital status, status as a parent, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information or other factors prohibited by law, and to prohibit harassment or retaliation based on any of these factors.