Global Lead Instock Manager
About the role:
- Manage and lead the improvement in inventory availability, increasing inventory efficiency and ensuring that the company makes efficient supply chain decisions including improvement to inventory management processes over time.
- Take ownership of building a highly automated replenishment system and involve key stakeholders in the process (e.g.; forecasting, lead times, buying policies).
- Develop and manage inventory forecasts by working with Buyers to plan product launches, peak season, and industry shifts.
- Manage the relationship with key vendors that drive the business and optimize the end to end process.
- Manage inventory health by setting and executing exit strategies for unproductive inventory.
- Perform root-cause analysis/reporting on operational issues, and then manage the solution to those issues.
- Own & drive the roadmap for Instock management metrics
- Manage and develop direct reports to be strong owners of their categories.
What we’re looking for:
This candidate should have previous experience in supply chain/operations/inventory management as well as a background in retail or e-commerce. They must be able to work in a fast-scaling but collegial environment where teamwork is a must. The right candidate will be flexible, action and results oriented, and self-starting. They must also be decisive and able to move with speed to implement their own ideas.
- 5+ years of experience in buying, product management, vendor management, retail, e-commerce
- Professional experience in negotiating with internal and external stakeholders
- Proficiency with Excel and extracting data through varied reporting tools in order to drive and influence business decisions
- Ability to understand multiple retail business models and their technical implementation.
- Ability to prioritize work in a complex, fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work with ambiguous problems.
- Bachelor's degree majored in supply chain, finance, technical, business, analytical or related majors. (mathematics, computer science/engineering, engineering, statistics, economics etc.)
Bonus points for:
- Bilingual in Korean
- Strong proficiency in analytical tools including Microsoft Excel, SQL and statistical software
- MBA or MS in: Supply Chain or Operations Mgmt
- Experience with process improvement techniques such as Kaizen, Lean Manufacturing or Six Sigma
- Proven experience leading cross-functional projects
- Strong communication skills - speaking, writing, presenting and negotiating
- Ability to operate simultaneously and effectively in both tactical and strategic modes
- A willingness to roll up sleeves to get things done
- Management experience
- Autonomy to make decisions in a rapidly growing company
- Free medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 18 days PTO + 12 national holidays off
- 401K matching
- Pre-IPO stock options
- Mobile & fitness reimbursement
- Flexible working hours
Coupang is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, transgender status), national origin, age, disability, medical condition, HIV/AIDS or Hepatitis C status, marital status, military or veteran status, use of a trained dog guide or service animal, political activities, affiliations, citizenship, or any other characteristic or class protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation in the application or recruiting process due to a disability, please contact us at [email protected].