Global Solution Director, Education
Location: Remote, MN; Remote, TX
Reports to: Area Vice President, Industry Development and Innovation
ServiceNow is changing the way people work. With a service-orientation toward automating the workflows for industries by simplifying and speeding up unstructured work, remedial tasks, and processes that make our day-to-day work life easier; essentially, we help digitally transform our customers to a modern digital enterprise that operates faster and more efficiently so businesses can scale more cost effectively than ever before.
This executive role is an exciting opportunity to join one of the fastest growing cloud software companies in a highly visible role with massive potential impact.
To propel our next phase of growth, ServiceNow is investing in a developing a Vertical Solutions organization. We’re building a team of entrepreneurial and collaborative individuals who are passionate about the opportunity to transform the Education Industry leveraging ServiceNow’s powerful digital workflow platform.
You will be joining a team that is digitally transforming the Education Industry by partnering with leading Education Companies across the globe. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our product, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations, and a career at ServiceNow means challenging yourself to always be better.
To assist our Education customers in their Digital Transformation efforts we are seeking a Global Solution Director within our Vertical Solutions organization. We are seeking an industry innovator within the Education industry to help our customers enable their digital transformation strategies by leveraging their investment in ServiceNow. The right person will have worked in a Global 500 Education company and spent time in the business in a Go-to-Market (GMT) role defining business workflows to automate business services and/or a Solution Director role within a leading consulting/software company.
What you will do in this role:
- Work closely with Account Executive and Solution Consultant as an industry expert to define the solution plays for the education industry to grow the Annual Contracted Value (ACV).
- Provide thought leadership and collaborate with internal ServiceNow business units to create repeatable solutions that could lead to creation of a product
- Define and lead the development of world class Education use cases to be developed on the ServiceNow Platform
- Create first call decks for account executives to use with their prospective clients.
- Create battle cards that guides and account on how to pursue a education opportunity by solution play
- Harvest customer wins to assist with the development of industry case studies
- Create deep dive solution content for Solution Consultants in the field
- Create enablement content to educate the field teams on the Education industry
- Work collaboratively to ensure global alignment for Education sales and solution plays.
- Work with our partners to scale industry solutions in the marketplace
The individual for this role will have specific knowledge of leading innovations, workflows and integrations that enable the Education industry related to Digital Transformation efforts. In this role we are looking for an individual to help lead the creation of innovative Education solutions by defining the workflows and integrations needed to automate the industry. You will need to thoroughly understand the client experience and the workflows associated with the Education Customer Journey.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated ability in the following key areas:
- Fifteen plus years performing Industry advisory services. This individual must be a practitioner within the Education industry. You must have lived within the industry, not just know about it on paper. And one must have relevant examples of business solutions you have designed and developed that have innovated the industry. The perfect balance in this role would be someone who worked for a leading education company and spent part of their career performing advisory services for a leading consulting company.
- Ten plus years leading innovative solution design within the Education Industry
- Five plus years of pre-sales experience within a consulting organization and experience developing and growing CxO level relationships
- Proven record of building strong cross organizational relationships on a global scale
- Consultative Selling (question-based selling, positioning services)
- Ability to communicate complex topics in plain English to CxO level executives
- Intrinsically curious and passionate about researching current and emerging trends in Education and other supporting industries.
- Experience in matrixed management environments and strong stakeholder management skills.
- Added value for being able to use Design Thinking to create journey maps to define customer solutions
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master of Computer Science is a plus
- Willingness to travel 20% of the time
We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits and a professional atmosphere. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at (408) 501-8550, or [email protected] for assistance.