Head of Canada (Country Manager)
- Hit revenue and (new and repeat) bookings targets at the national and CMA level.
- Set the strategic priorities for Canada, and delegate those accountabilities out to appropriate business owners. Hold those owners accountable for the outcomes.
- Partner closely with sitter and owner marketing teams and strategically deploy marketing dollars to maximize volume while minimizing costs.
- Design and execute tests to improve key business metrics including customer conversion, sitter engagement, and funnel efficiency.
- Lead reporting and narrating insights on progress and goals to senior leadership and relevant stakeholders.
- Provide insight into Canadian owners and sitters across the broader organization by providing data, feedback, and local market insights.
- Partner with our Corporate Development team to establish strategic partnerships in Canada.
- Serve as the point person for all legal and government affairs issues at the national and regional level.
- Partner closely with the International Product Managers to drive platform changes to solve the unique challenges of Rover Canada (ex: sitter funnel improvements, language localization, marketing restrictions, contract employment laws, etc.).
- 5+ years of marketing, analytics, or operations management experience, with 2+ years of people management strongly preferred.
- Startup experience and online marketplace experience strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated experience partnering with senior leaders across dynamic, matrixed organizations.
- Experience partnering with diverse cross-functional teams to deliver critical business outcomes.
- Experience developing, owning and driving market-level KPIs at various levels of establishment.
- Experience designing and executing A/B tests with high impact and broad visibility.
- Strong analytical and data-driven decision making skills. Strong Excel required; SQL proficiency preferred.
- BA/BS degree, advanced degree preferred.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- This position will sit within Rover HQ in downtown Seattle. Minimal travel to Canada may be required.
Why We’ll Hire You:
- You love a challenge and will never stop trying to exceed your goals.
- You thrive in a fast paced and rapidly changing environment, where ever-evolving opportunities and priorities motivate and inspire you.
- You are a cross functional powerhouse and servant leader, who knows how to motivate and influence stakeholders across the organization.
- You have a tremendous bias for action. What you set out to do, you get done.
- You focus on the highest priorities and ensure that your projects will have significant impact.
- You can flex between digging into the data to understand the problem, and know when to come up for air and drive solutions forward.
- You have a sense of humor, and an ability to roll with the punches whatever comes your way.
Benefits of Working at Rover.com:
- Competitive compensation
- Stock options
- 4 weeks paid time off
- Competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Commuter benefits
- Bring your dog to work (and unlimited puppy time)
- Doggy benefits, including $1000 toward adopting your first dog
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats (for humans and dogs)
- Free catered lunches semi-monthly
- Regular team activities, including happy hours, snow tubing, game nights, and more
- 50 free dog walks a year