Head of Customer Success at Karat
Interviews are the gateway between people and jobs--they are a critical connection point. And yet, while the interview is a universal experience, it has never been recognized as its own discipline. In fact, the vast majority of people conducting interviews receive no formal training in how to do so.Karat is the market leader in Interview Engineering
At Karat, our mission is to make every interview predictive, fair, and enjoyable. To do so, we created and established the category of Interview Engineering.
Karat conducts technical interviews on behalf of organizations hiring software engineers. We do this through a community of Interview Engineers who are equipped with Karat's interviewing infrastructure, battle-tested questions, and data-informed best practices. The result is highly predictive and fair interviews at scale that candidates truly enjoy. Karat has amassed the largest, most robust dataset of structured-interview intelligence to produce never-before-seen hiring analytics.
Founded in 2014, Karat is a privately held and venture-funded company based in Seattle. Key clients include Pinterest, PayPal, Citrix, Intuit, and InVision.Customer Success at Karat
Customer Success delivers the expertise that makes it possible to transform a hiring process into a competitive advantage. Our solution is both repeatable and deeply consultative and is based on building trusted, long-term partnerships As our Head of Customer Success, you will be responsible for leading our team to deliver value directly to our strategic clients while also building out a best-in-class playbook for Customer Success.Core Responsibilities
- Build and lead a team of Customer Success Managers. You will hire, motivate and develop team members
- Develop the playbooks and processes that the team will use to scale
- Manage our largest and most strategic accounts throughout their lifecycle, from on-boarding and KPI definition through to partnering with sales in the renewal and up-sell process
- Establish yourself and your team as a trusted advisor to our customers. You will drive the content for executive reviews with customer stakeholders including CEO/CTOs, VPs of Engineering and HR, and other senior leaders
- Partner with our Head of Sales to effectively communicate the value of the service, unlock new opportunities at clients and expand the business
- Work closely with our CTO and VP of Engineering to ensure the needs of and opportunities for our customers are considered in our product roadmap
- Have at least 8 years of experience in professional services or customer success, and at least 2 years of management/lead experience
- Be skilled at servicing sizable enterprise customers with large contract sizes and a demonstrated track record of building trusted relationships within a variety of levels of an organization
- Have an ability to manage team staffing and capacity planning, and commitment to your team and colleagues personal growth both inside and outside of work
- Possess strong commercial instincts with a deep understanding of the customer lifecycle
- Are skilled at navigating and analyzing data well enough to extract important insights to support/disprove your hypotheses and the skills to communicate these complex ideas effectively
- Have passion for the problem we are trying to solve and a strong desire to work in a fast paced, highly dynamic environment
- You employ a growth mindset and learn quickly
- You are a kind and collaborative communicator
Statement of Non-Discrimination:
In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at Karat.
We value a diverse workforce: people of color, womxn, and LGBTQIA+ individuals are strongly encouraged to apply.
With thanks to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.