Head of Go to Market & Business Development, New Initiatives at Remitly
At Remitly, we help people around the world send over $6 billion around the globe inspired by our mission to accomplish our promise to immigrants to send money across the world. Sending money is faster, easier, and costs less with our all-digital money transfer platform. We want to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial service products on the planet. At Remitly, your work has a direct and positive impact on people around the globe. Your work matters, every day.
The new team is incubating a new business line within Remitly. You will work on a team of creative builders and operators with many years of experience creating customer value. We are challenging ourselves to provide the best global product in a crowded space. You will bring your ideas and craft to an inspired team that is forming and moving quickly to find Product/Market Fit.
About the role:
As the Head of Go to Market and Business Development at Remitly, you are a builder, responsible for landing partnerships, creating strategy and assets for product marketing, and creating delighted customers. You will help establish our marketing and sales strategy, build on our pipeline of interested clients, and be accountable for growth of this new business line. You will report directly to the VP of this new initiative.
What you’ll do:
- Oversee Business Development for this new initiative, generating partnerships and selling our offering
- Implement our go to market strategy
- Help us gather customer feedback and validation of our strategy
- Work with the product team around pricing, roadmap, and new features
- Build a team around these responsibilities over time
- Work with another member of our BD team for channel sales strategy and development
- 8+ years industry experience, in international payments (ideal)
- Expertise leading sales, business development, and relationship management for large clients
- Expert level knowledge of B2B sales and marketing concepts
- Experience defining strategy and goals, gaining executive sponsorship, and meeting stretch goals
- Passionate about moving the international payments ecosystem forward
- Excellent business writing skills
- P&L management and forecasting experience (ideal)
- Unlimited paid time off
- Health, dental, and vision benefits + 401k plan with company matching
- Company contributions to your HSA or FSA plan, if you choose one
- Continuing education and corridor travel benefits
- Scholars program
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Remitly. We are committed to nondiscrimination across our global organization and in all of our business operations. Employment is determined based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including a woman’s potential to get pregnant, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability (including the use of a trained dog guide or service animal), HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
Remitly is an E-Verify Employer