As part of our new Central Research & Insights team - the team responsible defining and delivering a holistic view of the customer for executive marketing, product and design teams - you will lead and consult on GTM, marketing research and product research initiatives that will help guide Dropbox company innovations on a global scale. In this leadership role, you will be responsible for establishing research goals that align to company goals and then aligning stakeholders and initiatives across the organization to meet those goals. As the subject-matter expert on market research within Research & Insights Team, you will consult and coach the broader research team on how to incorporate market insights into their research strategy so it can be beneficial for not just product but also GTM teams like marketing. By connecting the dots between PMM, Marketing and Research & Insights, you will also help educate others on how to incorporate market insights into their own product thinking.
As part of the Research & Insights team you’ll work with nimble, dynamic, and collaborative senior researchers. You’ll own large strategic Market Research projects, collaborate with other researchers on company-wide initiatives, and also act as an expert consultant for Market Insights with your fellow team members and stakeholders. The types of projects you’ll lead will focus on:
- Assessing opportunities for Dropbox and Dropbox Brand to innovate, grow and differentiate (different markets, different products) around the world. You will then help to operationalize these experiences in the discover and buy portion of the funnel.
- Helping to consult and coach the broader Research & Insights team on how to incorporate market insights into their research projects.
- Be our go-to market research consultant who helps our Research & Insights, PMM and Marketing teams evaluate consumers’ motivations and unmet needs to improve acquisition, retention, and messaging.
- Build strong relationships across the organization to establish the Central Research Team as the go-to for all custom insights including general market landscape insights
- Apply deep expertise as a cross-product consultant on the validity of market research data sources and ensure that market insights are consistent and methodologically sound across the entire team
- Deliver POV’s on market trends that help to drive business conversations forward and spark marketing ideas
- Manage a resource network of research vendors, contractors, and platforms.
- Identify and frame key issues and business questions, in coordination with marketing stakeholders and other cross-functional stakeholders such as design, brand product management product marketing, and pricing & packaging.
- Leverage data to inform meaningful insights that drive strategic and actionable recommendations
- Communicate, socialize research findings and recommendations to key stakeholders so they influence product and marketing decisions
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Market, Ethnographic or Social Science Research (or related field)
- At least 10 years of relevant experience in research, both market and design research, with at least 5 years working in the tech industry.
- Strong analytical and interpretive skills with the ability to distill copious amounts of data (qualitative, quantitative, secondary, etc.) into an insightful story with actionable recommendations
- Ability to design and run studies independent of vendor intervention (e.g. large surveys, focus groups, etc).
- Highly collaborative and demonstrated ability to work closely across design, marketing, PMM and other cross-functional teams
- Experience managing multiple complex projects, numerous internal teams, and a myriad of external vendors
- Experience leveraging survey tools (i.e. Qualtrics) and Excel
Read Full Job Description