Infrastructure Administrator I at Apptio
- Want to understand why we automate everything
- Are someone who wants to grow their skill set
- You Love to fix things when they are broken and do what you can, so they don’t break again
- You want to work across a lot of different infrastructure technologies
- You have the desire to write code or a script to automate a repetitive process
- You love to diagnose and solve problems
We are a globally distributed team of engineers whose job is to make sure that our infrastructure is fast, reliable, efficient, and secure so that Apptio’s SaaS offerings can be used to thrill our customers. Examples of recent team accomplishments include;
- Our team automates deployments of various customer facing software products across the organization
- Our team builds and maintaining Datacenter Operations
- Adoption of ChatOps practices in our Slack environment
- Continued development of our internal tooling to support the needs of other Apptians
You will be a member of our globally distributed technical operations team spending a portion of your time working with the rest of the team picking up tickets from the queue and the rest of your time working on project-based work. Typical work involves troubleshooting of our application instances, resizing containers, deployments and much more. We work with technologies like Docker, Puppet and AWS services along with Juniper and Cisco networking equipment. Our environment consists of primarily co-located hardware but also includes cloud deployments.Basic Qualifications:
- 1-3 years of experience with Linux (Red Hat/CentOS preferred)
- 0-3 years of experience with networking troubleshooting and fundamentals
- Work really well with passionate and inquisitive people around the world on interesting technologies
- You’re very technically curious and, whenever you can, you self-learn technologies that interest you
- Really good at finding problems and fixing them, even when there is an outage and the pressure is on
- Can participate in the on-call rotation, including weekends
Experience and/or serious interest to learn one or more of the following is very valuable;
- Distributed Systems
- Distributed Storage Systems such as Parallels Cloud Storage, Hadoop, Ceph, or similar
- Monitoring tools such as: Sensu, Nagios, Splunk, Grafana
- Contatiners (Docker, OpenVZ, Parallels)
- Virtualization (KVM/qemu)
- Familiarity with Cisco and Juniper network components
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
**Apptio benefits include Company-Paid employee health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance, and generous contributions to a health savings account. We also offer participation in a flexible spending account, 401k and other voluntary programs.The Company
Apptio is the leading software to fuel digital transformation. We help technology and finance leaders make smart decisions as they plan, analyze, and optimize technology investments in pursuit of digital transformation. Apptio’s software uses machine learning to translate technology costs and utilization across on-premises systems, vendors, projects, agile and cloud systems into a holistic, business-centric view. With Apptio, IT leaders make smarter digital transformation investments. Companies of all sizes and geographies trust Apptio to fuel their digital transformation, including 50% of the Fortune 100. For more information, please visit www.Apptio.com.
Apptio Inc. is not open to 3rd party solicitation or resumes for our posted FTE positions. Resumes received from 3rd party agencies that are unsolicited will be considered complimentary.
Apptio, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Apptio, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.