Qualtrics is the technology platform that organizations use to collect, manage, and act on experience data, also called X-data™. The Qualtrics XM Platform™ is a system of action, used by teams, departments, and entire organizations to manage the four core experiences of business—customer, product, employee and brand—on one platform. Over 10,000 enterprises worldwide, including more than 75 percent of the Fortune 100 and 99 of the top 100 U.S. business schools, rely on Qualtrics to consistently build products that people love, create more loyal customers, develop a phenomenal employee culture, and build iconic brands. Qualtrics was recently acquired by SAP, and together we will accelerate XM and power the experience economy. Join us on this adventure that can open many doors! Join a company that is dedicated to your ideas and growth, recognizes your unique contribution, fills you with purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment.
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing internal customer support, troubleshooting and solutions related to end-user computer, phone, server, AV and other platforms and services. Assist in implementing, maintaining and monitoring of backend and infrastructure systems.
- Field IT service desk requests and provide solutions based on documentation written by senior team members. Working in a global environment, respond to tickets related both to home location and to other company offices in the US and abroad.
- Educate employees about IT processes and self-service options as part of providing responses to incoming requests
- Support desktop equipment (computers, phones, etc.): triage incoming requests, identify root causes, take remedial action as prescribed by documentation, escalate to senior team members if a case does not fit any of the known solutions
- Manage the technology component of employee onboarding/departure process: coordinate new hire laptop setup with a managed service provider, instruct new hires about IT practices at Qualtrics, monitor incoming tickets for laptop provisioning requests
- Respond to incidents related to Zoom room by taking action required to bring a room back into operation within the shortest time possible
- Routinely propose updates to problem solving documentation when encountering outdated or absent articles
- Collaborate with Facilities when a need to deploy physical equipment for a conference room or an information radiator arises by taking care of the software part of the deployment while Facilities take care of the mechanical part
- Soft skills
- High EQ - able to recognize emotions of others and find optimal communication strategy to get past emotions to the substance of the matter
- Ability to self-educate on technical subjects, such as programming languages, software packages and service processes.
- Ability to choose the right tool for the job: balance complexity / effort / cost to the outcome.
- Candid yet polite communicator
- Ability to write concise and clear Wiki articles.
- Good time management skills - know what (s)he is spending time on
- Curiosity and enthusiasm to learn about IT
- Work ethics: sense of ownership, ready to work on unattractive tasks/projects for the benefit of the company
- Resilience: not to be put down by failure / obstacles / rejection
- Willingness to invest time and effort into building long term relationships with consumers of IT services
- Critical thinking: looking for improvements, not accepting the way things are done for granted
- Ability to plan activities for oneself and others, understand dependencies between own work product and inputs to others
- Analytical ability to dissect a problem and find a root cause
- Mac OS X - complete understanding of the UI and user-configurable settings.
- Network - understanding of network fundamentals, able to describe operation of TCP/IP protocol in general, able to explain the operation of wired and wireless Ethernet networks.
- G Suite administration experience and skills - account provisioning, task automation, SSO configuration and troubleshooting
- SQL analytics: being able to turn employee and IT incident and service request data in MySQL database into information useful for optimizing IT services
- Able to speak English clearly. Able to read and write in English without major grammar or syntax mistakes without computer assistance.
- Able to lift loads of up to 40 lbs. (IT has to receive and move equipment occasionally). Able to climb ladders, maintaining balance and extending to install equipment (mostly for installation and maintenance of security cameras).
- Ability to use simple tools such as powered and manual screwdrivers, pliers and wrenches to install IT equipment.
- Bachelor's degree required
- Scripting: be able to understand Python code written by others and perform small changes to keep code in sync with changing interfacing systems
- Apple Business Manager (DEP) - understanding of what it is, how it works and troubleshooting sequence.
- Jamf - understanding of what it is, how it is used at Q and what are the technological limitations of the tool.
- Envoy visitor management system: understanding how it operates, how to install a terminal and troubleshoot
- Experience installing and administering Linux based operating systems
- Supported large desktop environment
- AV system support - understanding of operation of stage microphones, projectors, sound mixers
Qualtrics is an equal opportunity employer
Qualtrics provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, genetic information, marital status or veteran status.