IT Applications Manager, Workday Financials
Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Our mission is to transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste. The industry is huge and so is the opportunity to fundamentally changing the way freight moves across America and beyond for the better. We are passionate about thinking big and solving really complex problems to make the lives of truck drivers, shippers and other people in the freight industry easier through our innovation and technology. There will always be a better, more efficient way to transport goods, and we won’t ever stop inventing it.
Founded in 2015, we’re a mission-driven, well-funded, fast-growing startup, backed by world-class investors, including CapitalG, the growth equity investment fund of Google, and leading industry disruptors, including the founders and CEOs of Amazon, Salesforce, eBay, LinkedIn, Expedia, Dropbox, KKR, Starbucks, and others. We were named one of Washington State’s top places to work, a LinkedIn Top Startup and were the recipient of the GeekWire Next Tech Titan in 2018.
If working with smart, values-driven people to transform an entire industry sounds like something you’re into, come join Convoy, and help move the world forward.
As an IT Applications Manager, Financial Systems at Convoy, you are eager to get your foot in the door at a fast-paced, rapidly growing startup. As a lead on the IT Applications team, you will play a critical role in launching and managing Workday Financials and related systems for Convoy.
You will take ownership of:
- Working with Finance, Accounting, and cross-functional teams to understand business requirements and drive projects towards successful completion.
- Identifying opportunities for financial application implementation, redesign, or process improvement.
- Providing application administrative support across systems as needed.
- Building a strong technical culture around our business systems that emphasizes technical excellence, rapid iteration, strong security, and frictionless user experiences.
- Staying current with new functionality delivered in our SaaS financial systems.
You will have the following skills and experience:
- 5+ years of enterprise software experience in big ERP/accounting systems, Workday Financials a plus.
- Understand Business flows and show clarity in thought when working with Order to Cash, Procure to Pay, and other financial data.
- Managing existing integrations and creating new ones based upon business need.
- Proven functional experience with business units including Accounting, Finance, and Billing.
- Experience creating financial reports, Workday composite reporting a plus.
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to clearly explain system changes and functionality to all employees across Convoy.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!
Read Full Job Description