IT Applications Manager, Workday at Convoy
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:07 a.m. (PST) on Tuesday, March 24, 2020
Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Our mission is to transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste.
We are passionate about thinking big and solving really complex problems to make the lives of truck drivers, shippers and other people in the freight industry easier through our innovation and technology. There will always be a better, more efficient way to transport goods, and we won’t ever stop inventing it.
Founded in 2015, we’re a mission-driven, fast-growing startup, backed by world-class investors, including CapitalG, the growth equity investment fund of Google, and leading industry disruptors, including the founders and CEOs of Amazon, Salesforce, eBay, LinkedIn, Expedia, Dropbox, KKR, Starbucks, and others. We were named one of Washington State’s top places to work, a LinkedIn Top Startup and were the recipient of the GeekWire Next Tech Titan in 2018.
If working with smart, values-driven people to transform an entire industry sounds like something you’re into, come join Convoy, and help move the world forward!
As an IT Applications Manager, People Systems at Convoy, you are eager to get your foot in the door at a fast paced, rapidly growing startup. As a lead on the IT Applications team, you will play a critical role in launching and managing people systems for Convoy employees.
You will take ownership of:
- Identifying opportunities for application implementation, redesign, or process improvement - focused on Workday HCM, Payroll, Absence, Time Tracking, Benefits and Performance.
- Providing application administrative support across systems as needed.
- Addressing the various needs, concerns, expectations of stakeholder groups in planning and executing projects, meeting project requirements and creating project deliverables.
- Building a strong technical culture around our business systems that emphasizes technical excellence, rapid iteration, strong security, and frictionless user experiences.
- Staying current with Workday new functionality delivered in the routine updates. Review with the business and help drive the deployment of new features.
You will have the following skills and experience:
- 5+ years of experience in an Applications Manager role supporting HCM, Payroll, Time Tracking, Absence Management, Benefits, Performance, Advanced Compensation.
- Deep hands-on experience with HR,Payroll, and Recruiting business processes.
- Managing and changing existing Workday integrations and creating new ones based upon business need.
- Conceptual understanding of the following Workday technologies: Web Service APIs, Studio, Cloud Connect, BIRT Reporting, Prism.
- Proven functional experience with business units including HR, Payroll, Recruiting, and Employee Communications.
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to clearly explain system changes and functionality to all employees across Convoy.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!