IT Desktop Support Engineer
In just a little over a decade, PitchBook has grown into a global organization with offices in Seattle, San Francisco, New York and London. With consistent high double-digit growth since 2009, the company has become the industry’s leading source of private market data, serving more than 3,000 clients around the world.
As a four-time winner of the Best Workplaces in Washington award, PitchBook is committed to fostering an open, collaborative work environment driven by excellence, inclusion and fun. Our culture is at the heart of our success, and it’s something we work on every day.
Our primary home for the last decade, PitchBook’s Seattle office has grown from humble beginnings in a 200-square-foot windowless room to our current three-floor home in a downtown skyscraper. Located just blocks away from Pike Place Market and historic Pioneer Square, our headquarters boast stunning mountain views, open collaboration spaces and a startup culture that emphasizes hard work and camaraderie. Working in our Seattle office means growing your career alongside smart, dedicated people in the city where it all began
About the Role
PitchBook is looking for an IT Technician / Desktop Support Engineer. You will join our IT Operations team and will be responsible for day-to-day support of our laptops, desktops, printers, servers, network infrastructure, and all other technical hardware used at our multiple offices. In this role, you will also be responsible for performing all other technical or non-technical troubleshooting tasks that the company may need.
This is an entry level position; the perfect candidate is a great problem solver and is passionate about IT systems and the people who use them. On-call, after hours support will be required on occasion. This is a great opportunity to join a growing and dynamic company and use technology to drive key business initiatives. If interested, please apply immediately with your resume. We look forward to hearing from you!
- Troubleshoot and repair computer hardware, operating systems, and software
- Administer access, permissions, and privileges for on-site resources and cloud services
- Maintain clear and concise documentation of IT-internal and user-facing processes
- Monitor hardware and software inventory and keep key IT equipment in stock
- Coordinate with outside vendors of hardware, software, and services to provide a seamless experience for end users, anticipate future needs, and control organizational costs
- Investigate, understand, and resolve problems with local and remote infrastructure
- Lift and move objects up to 50 pounds (printers)
Useful areas of knowledge
- Installing, configuring, and using a variety of operating systems (Windows 7 through 10, macOS, iOS, Android, Linux)
- Windows administration (Active Directory, Exchange, Group Policy; Powershell a plus)
- Networking (TCP/IP, DNS, SMTP, VoIP, file servers, firewalls esp. SonicWALL, switches, Wi-Fi)
- Desktop and cloud software (Web browsers, Slack, GoToMeeting, Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, SharePoint, G Suite, and many more…)
- Ticketing/issue tracking software
- Strong problem-solving and troubleshooting abilities
- Proactive, can-do attitude; willing to go the extra mile to ensure that end-users are satisfied
- Eager to learn new skills, software, and systems
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Keen eye for improving existing processes and designing new ones
- 0-1 year of experience
At PitchBook, we provide transparency into the capital markets by organizing the world’s meaningful business information and making it useful to our customers. We work tirelessly to arm global professionals with comprehensive data on the entire venture capital, private equity and M&A landscape—including companies, investors, funds, investments, exits and people—so they can discover and execute opportunities with confidence. Our data and analysis are available through our award-winning flagship product, the PitchBook Platform, as well as our powerful suite of integrated tools, industry news and in-depth reports.
If you are ready to start the conversation about how you might contribute to all the happenings at PitchBook, submit your resume today! PitchBook appreciates and respects diversity, and as such, we are an equal opportunity employer.