Who we are:
Rover.com connects pet parents with the nation’s largest network of pet sitters and dog walkers. On Rover, pet parents can easily discover, book, and manage personalized care for their dogs including pet sitting, dog walking, and doggy day care. Founded in 2011 on the belief that everyone should have the opportunity to experience the unconditional love of a dog, Rover improves and simplifies life for pet parents and the dogs they love.
We're headquartered in downtown Seattle. We're an agile, fast-growing startup, and our leadership comes from some of the country's most respected tech companies. We've been named among Seattle's "Best Places to Work" in Seattle Met magazine, Seattle Business Magazine, and the Puget Sound Business Journal." We're also a recipient of Seattle Business Magazine's 2015 Tech Impact Awards. Needless to say (but we're going to say it anyway)—we love dogs, and we wouldn't dream of going to work without them by our sides.
Who we're looking for:
Rover seeks a passionate, experienced IT Program Manager to execute the initiatives to scale our IT organization. This position is responsible for overseeing the successful delivery of the IT department’s global initiatives. Rover is transitioning from a small to large company and there is a lot of opportunity to help and shape the direction of the department.
The ideal candidate is detail-oriented, has excellent communication skills, loves to work on cutting edge technology and has a propensity for problem solving.
What does IT look like at Rover?
Rover’s IT environment is 100% Cloud-based with no on-premise servers. Our strategy is to leverage cloud based services exclusively to ensure maximum scalability, interconnectivity and security. For all non-SaaS services, we run our own AWS Kubernetes cluster to ensure that we optimize scalability, security and cost. IT constantly strives to deliver the best technology solutions that support Rover’s mission of making it possible for everyone to experience the unconditional love of a pet. Our company and team are growing rapidly, so the ideal candidate will have experience working with tools that are needed during our transition from a small to a large organization.
- Plan, lead and roll out company-wide initiatives, projects and programs related to IT
- Track and monitor project progress in a collaborative and transparent way
- Be the voice of IT in OKR reviews and project planning meetings and presentations
- Architect solutions for appropriate processes and drive innovation across the team
- Proactively seek out problems and design solutions for those issues
- Facilities discussion across teams finding ways to improve IT’s service offerings to the business
- Define and renew key milestones. Troubleshoot common roadblocks/delays autonomously. Proactively escalates resource, process or policy constraints to keep launch on track.
- Originate multiple ways to resolve an issue and choose the best strategy to attack a situation
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Project Management or a related field (or equivalent experience)
- 3+ years facilitating execution on business impacting projects or programs
- Experience with Cloud based IT environments
- Thorough understanding of a large array of IT processes and best practices
- Strong organizational skills
- Superior communication, influencing and interpersonal skills
- Ability to match the correct communication style to every given situation
- Masters Degree
- Deep experience running projects across multiple large initiatives simultaneously
- Skill with multiple project management methodologies including Agile
Why we'll hire you:
- You employ a variety of flexible frameworks to manage the deluge of inputs into the organization
- You can communicate easily with technical and the non-technical people
- You see how the problems of today are helping to drive the solutions of tomorrow
- Given a problem, you look for multiple solutions and know the pros and cons to each
- You are self-started and self-directed
- You have a passion to help architect a leading-edge IT department
- You believe in our mission as a company
- You know when to call it 'good enough' and deliver, and when to put in the extra time to improve the end product
- You like to work hard, but have fun while you're doing it!
Benefits of Working at Rover.com:
- Competitive compensation
- Stock options
- 4 weeks paid time off
- Competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Commuter benefits
- Bring your dog to work (and unlimited puppy time)
- Doggy benefits, including $1000 toward adopting your first dog
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats (for humans and dogs)
- Free catered lunches semi-monthly
- Regular team activities, including happy hours, snow tubing, game nights, and more
- 50 free dog walks a year
Candidates must be eligible to work in the US.
Rover is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting a diverse, inclusive and inventive environment with the best employees. We’re driven by seeing our people succeed and grow, and we work to ensure everyone contributes to their fullest potential. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, protected veteran status, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.