IT Specialist at Navigating Cancer
At Navigating Cancer, our mission is to improve the lives of cancer patients and those who care for them. We enable oncology clinics to provide personalized, efficient care to every patient by providing relevant educational materials, giving the whole care team visibility to patient issues and needs, and delivering useful insights so that care teams can identify and resolve gaps in care. Through our platform, patients receive a holistic service offering to support their individual goals and needs.
Our company is backed by industry-leading patient satisfaction ratings and currently supports over a million patients, thousands of care providers, dozens of pharmaceutical manufacturers, and several payer models nationwide to lower costs, improve patient satisfaction, and drive better outcomes.
In order to advance our mission to – “Enable Personalized Care for Every Cancer Patient,” we are seeking candidates for the following role:
To develop a great cloud-based patient care platform, we need excellent internal IT services and processes. You will be responsible for running and developing internal infrastructure and software to improve the lives and workflows of the employee experience. You will be directly involved with employees in all areas of the company, local and remote as well as working with the Site Reliability Engineering Team to support customer networking and VPNs.
- Own and manage the process for corporate systems (laptops, internal servers, office network), including vendor selection, inventory and lifecycle management, security, and employee training
- Provide troubleshooting and support both in person and remotely for internal employees’ computing, networking, and software issues
- Ensure that all Internal IT systems are HIPAA compliant
- Document and roll out IT and security policies
- Maintain, monitor and troubleshoot corporate network and all internal IT systems
- Manage office virtualized servers
- Perform software use and licensing audits and inventory management
- Manage onboarding and offboarding of users and their accounts
- Automation of device deployment and configuration management
- Schedule and roll out new applications and processes
- Learn and support our VoIP systems
- Adhere to, measure, and promote compliance with IT policies
- Manage various knowledge management and other productivity tools, developing integration and automation where appropriate
- Advanced skills with Mac and system configuration and support (We are an AWS Linux cloud SaaS platform mixed with macOS)
- Experience of enterprise device management
- General knowledge of network routing, NAT, and firewall/VPN concepts
- Experience administering various productivity applications, including Google applications and Office 365
- Demonstrated working knowledge of hardware and networking configuration
- Experience with implementing HIPAA compliant security policies and programs
- Analytical thinker, able to anticipate and solve problems
- Clear communicator, and ability to document process, procedures
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work collaboratively across all areas and levels of the company
- Fast, self-driven learner of new tools and technologies
- Passionate, optimistic, with the internal drive to constantly improve the effectivity and security of the IT solutions
Nice to have:
- Jumpcloud Active Directory experience
- JAMF PRO MDM experience
- Apple DEP and Business experience
- Cisco Meraki experience
Why work here?
We support thousands of healthcare professionals and tens of thousands of cancer patients every day. We help cancer patients get better care—and consider this a valuable and meaningful reason to come to work everyday. You get to work with leading technology, wear many hats, and contribute every day to our business success! You get to help us grow and establish ourselves as a world-class business. We are lean, agile, and lightweight. We believe in each other, believe in our work, and have fun along the way.
This position is full time, in our downtown Seattle office. We offer competitive compensation, benefits and a fantastic work environment:
- Employer subsidized medical, dental and vision
- 401K + ROTH option
- Paid maternity/ paternity leave policy
- ORCA passes for commuting
- Educational stipend
- Central location equidistant from Pike Place Market and Pioneer Square
- Company sponsored lunch every Monday and fully stocked kitchen
Work with Purpose. Work together to improve the lives of cancer patients. Collaborate with team members, have passion, enthusiasm and mission for the work that we do.
Act with Integrity. Communicate openly, be honest, follow through.
Be Agile. Discover creative solutions, welcome change. Adapt and pursue continuous improvement.
Seek Simplicity. Reduce complexity for our customers and patients. Simplify our products, our processes and our messages.
Strive for Growth. Constantly strive to achieve personal, professional, and company goals. Continuous reflection, learning and achievement.