IT Specialist at Remitly
Remitly is on a mission to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial products and services on the planet. For nearly 10 years, we have been tirelessly delivering on our promises to immigrants sending their hard earned money home. Today, we are incredibly proud to have served millions of customers globally with Remitly and our newly launched Passbook app to provide immigrants access to banking. We strive daily to meet our promise to our customers by building peace of mind into everything we do. Join over 1,300 employees across 9 offices who are growing their careers while having a positive impact on people globally.
As an IT Specialist at Remitly, you have the opportunity to make a huge impact in all areas of our organization by providing superb infrastructure and operational support. You'll gain high visibility to multiple functions, projects, and teams within our quickly growing company, and provide IT support to our growing team of around 300 on-site employees in Seattle. You'll be the first point of contact for computer-related needs within the organization, including basic installs, diagnoses, repairs, maintenance, and upgrades on desktops, laptops, mobile devices, etc. You'll also troubleshoot problem areas and provide end-user assistance where required, in addition to owning facilities related projects that support our office and equipment needs. Most importantly you will deliver a delightful technology experience to the rest of the Remitly team.
- Perform remote and on site analysis, diagnosis, and resolution.
- Respond to incoming Helpdesk requests, emails, instant messages in our helpdesk channel (Slack), and alerts regarding employee problems in a timely and professional manner.
- Administer and resolve issues with associated end-user workstations (Mac, PCs, ChromeOS) including client-side patching activities.
- Assist with facilities and inventory-related projects including equipment tracking,ordering and shipping.
- Onboarding and offboarding new employees, creating AD accounts and provisioning hardware on site. Perform basic computer administration tasks including Group Policy creation and management, MDM administration, and automated software deployment.
- Manage/administer business apps like Okta, G Suite, Zoom, Slack, AWS, Jira, GitHub, PagerDuty, Wiki (Confluence)
- Clearly communicate technical information, both verbal and written, to a wide range of end-users.
- Provide excellent support for internal customers and liaise with vendors when escalating issues as necessary.
- Recommend and document procedure modifications or improvements.
- Remain informed about the events, trends, and developments which affect the role, business area(s), and the financial services industry.
- Display patience and professionalism working with employees having a range of computer competencies.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- A BS in Computer Science or equivalent professional experience.
- Flexibility - our environment is constantly changing and successful candidates should be comfortable with some amount of ambiguity.
- Maintain a strong empathetic partnership with the teams we support.
- A strong sense of ownership and a "do what it takes" and "don't be afraid to fail" attitude
- 2+ years of technical support experience.
- A basic understanding of the principles of networking and the OSI model.
- Reasonable understanding of DHCP, TCP/IP, and DNS.
- Experience with macOS, iOS, Windows 10, Server 20*, and Android.
- Strong investigative skills in a fast-paced, high-growth environment.
Nice to haves:
- Experience with a general scripting language (Python, Powershell, Bash, etc.).
- Experience evaluating, selecting, and deploying new tools on a company-wide basis.
- Experience deploying and managing A/V systems including Zoom/Google Meet software and Logitech hardware including VoIP solutions.
Remitly is an independent digital remittance company that transfers over $6 billion in annualized volume through its proprietary global money transfer network across Africa, Asia, Central, and South America. Its reliable and easy-to-use mobile app makes the process of sending money faster, easier, more transparent and less costly by eliminating the forms, codes, agents, extra time and fees typical of the traditional, century-old money transfer process. Remitly is backed by industry-leading investors, World Bank's International Finance Corporation (IFC), Naspers' PayU, Silicon Valley Bank, Stripes Group, DFJ, DN Capital, QED Investors, Trilogy Equity Partners, Bezos Expeditions, Founders' Co-Op, and Tomorrow Ventures. The company is headquartered in Seattle, with additional offices in London, the Philippines, and Nicaragua. For more information, visit remitly.com
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Remitly are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Remitly is an E-Verify Employer