We are seeking a highly motivated IT Operations Center Engineer (E-Commerce/Infrastructure) to be part of an exciting team located in Seattle, WA. The ITOC Engineer is a vital role to ensuring a healthy technology environment for our customers. The Chewy ITOC Engineer will be in charge of monitoring the chewy technology environment, troubleshooting service impacting issues, communicating to the business and teams effectively to resolve major incidents, and perform daily operations to ensure company stability. The ITOC team is constantly engaging with the core IT teams to find ways to proactively monitor the environment and develop skills to handle tier 1 and 2 tasks. Hours will be 7:00am-7:30pm PST a couple days a week (40 hour work week).
What You'll Do:
- Monitor the Chewy enterprise environment in a 24/7/365 operation that is constantly available upon contact, and with availability to address alerts and incidents 100% of the time
- React to alerts by performing Tier 1 and Tier 2 operations depending on the issue
- E-commerce and Cloud specific skills such as Linux, AWS, Splunk, Datadog a must
- Infrastructure specific skills such as Telephony, Networking, Switching and related infrastructure troubleshooting skills
- Perform daily operations of various teams to assist with day to day workload and prevent future issues
- Effectively escalate service impacting issues to the correct teams and collaborate to ensure the issue is resolved as soon as possible. Preliminary troubleshooting before escalating is required
- Incident Management by analyzing and acting on major incidents according to their severity/priority level. This includes effective communications and documentation of incidents according to the proper procedures
- Run daily, weekly, monthly and yearly reports of our various services to identify trends and prevent future issues
What You'll Need:
- At least 3 years of experience in an IT Operation Center, or similar environment
- AWS Cloud infrastructure experience
- Advanced knowledge of network technologies, connectivity, protocols, and security
- VMware and Windows OS troubleshooting experience
- Experience running commands in Linux server CLI environments
- Splunk search query experience
- Excellent organizational and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Effective communicator and collaborative worker at all levels of the organization
- Ability to compose succinct status notifications during high pressure situations for consumption across a wide audience
- Position may require travel
- Certified Cisco, CompTIA, or Microsoft network professional preferred.
- AWS or similar cloud services certification.
- Linux certification.
- ITIL certification.
- Splunk Core certified.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, or you require a religious accommodation, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at our company, please contact [email protected]