Leave of Absence Specialist at Trupanion
The Leave of Absence Specialist is part of the Benefits & People Data team within the People Operations department. Our benefit philosophy is to strive to offer a comprehensive and choice-based benefits package that will support and enhance the physical, financial, and emotional wellbeing of our diverse team members and their family (two-, three-, and four-legged). This position will report to the Benefits Manager and help us achieve our philosophy by being responsible for the day to day administration and user experience of Trupanion's Canadian and US leave of absence programs.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Communicate with team members about the leave benefits available, the application process. Provide people leaders with status updates for their team members.
- Partner with the Trupanion Payroll team to ensure paid family medical leave payments are processed timely and accurately.
- Recommend and implement policy and procedure changes to improve the team member experience and ensure compliance with applicable laws.
- Develop and implement strategies to better manage leaves of absence and reduce unnecessary leave usage.
- Develop and conduct training sessions about leave of absence practices for people leaders.
- Monitor leave of absence activity and provide metrics on leave usage.
- Build process documentation for key benefit activities and continuously review to ensure it remains up to date.
Qualifications (Please include a cover letter with your application!)
Education & Experience:
- Must be pet-passionate and able to consistently model Trupanion's Team Member DNA
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administrations, Human Resource Management or applicable field is required or the equivalent combination of education and experience
- 1 - 3 years of progressive experience in People Operations, preferably with an emphasis on leave of absence administration
- Experience in various HRIS and Payroll systems, as well as system transitions and implementations
- Experience administering benefits programs in both the U.S. and Canada
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
- Proven expertise in building relationships with team members to better understand their needs and offer relevant leave of absence solutions
- Create strong relationships with vendor partners to ensure we are providing the right solutions and customer support to our team members
- Leverage data, analytics, and feedback to create recommendations and influence change
- Effectively communicate complex leave of absence information to all team members
Benefits and Perks:
- Bonus opportunities
- Full medical, dental and vision benefits at no cost to the employee
- Four weeks paid time off
- Five week sabbatical after five years of employment
- Restricted Stock Units
- Open, casual, pet-friendly and fun office environment
- Complimentary dog walking services for approved office pets during business hours
- Company paid medical insurance for 1 pet (dog or cat)
- Paid time off to volunteer at nonprofit organizations
- Access to our on-site gym at no cost to the employee
Founded in 2000, Trupanion (NASDAQ: TRUP) offers medical insurance for cats and dogs in the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico through its affiliated entities.
Trupanion is a registered trademark owned by Trupanion, Inc. Underwritten in Canada by Omega General Insurance Company and in the United States by American Pet Insurance Company. 6100 4th Ave S, Seattle, WA 98108. Please visit AmericanPetInsurance.com to review all available pet health insurance products.
Team Member DNA
- Caring: We are kind to each other and assume positive intent.
- Collaborative: We work together to achieve company goals (we not me).
- Courageous: We are determined, take risks, and make bold moves.
- Curious: We seek new information to continually better ourselves and our work.
- Honest: We believe candid communication leads to successful teamwork.
- Inclusive: We welcome and value all people and perspectives.
- Nimble: We readily adapt and evolve in pursuit of progress and innovation.
For more information about Trupanion, visit http://trupanion.com/about
Trupanion is an equal opportunity employer and embraces diversity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.