Manager - Commerce Business Operations
The Commerce Business Operations Manager will play a meaningful role in providing payments solutions for the travel market. Expedia Group is responsible for enabling $90 Billion of customer and supplier payment services for a portfolio of global online travel brands under Expedia Group. To date our transactional capabilities are clearly leading the travel industry. And while our technology and products have initially been built to power some of the industry’s leading brands, their ambitious strengths represent a compelling opportunity to broaden Expedia Group’s reach in the ecosystem of travel providers. Join a nimble and mighty team at the forefront of travel plus payments technology development and experience this transformational journey.
This position will be responsible for the business operations of our commercial payments business, primarily leveraging and managing internal Expedia Group operations teams to support these business functions. Additionally, this position will be responsible for ensuring the business operations functions adhere to the regulatory and compliance requirements for commercial payments.
As a key member of the eCommerce Platform (eCP) Commercial Products group, your role will be critical to building, improving and scaling payments related operations functions to power the $2T travel industry. You will work collaboratively across Product, Technology, Operations, Legal, Compliance, Controllership and Expedia Group Channel Partners to ensure compliant eCommerce capability readiness powered by global payment solution providers. This role will report to the Director of Commerce Business Operations & Compliance for the eCP Commercial Products group.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
Ensure a high quality “operations” customer experience throughout the customer lifecycle, ensuring we continuously exceed our contractual and service level expectations as we scale our business
- Customer Onboarding
- Fraud / Payment / Chargeback Operations
- Customer Retention & Growth
- Back office business operations (e.g., Collections, Write Offs, Accounts Payables, etc.)
- Customer Offboarding
Provide high quality customer support throughout the customer lifecycle
- Customer education / training / FAQ’s for the Operations functions and common issues
- Customer issue, error or exception handling processes (e.g., onboarding, payments, chargebacks, etc.)
- Proactive and reactive customer communications, customer escalations
- Receive, track and resolve customer issues, ensuing “learning” feed back into impacted teams for continuous improvement (e.g., Product Management, Technology, etc.)
Continuous Improvement of the Operations support functions
- Develop a balanced Operations Scorecard to measure and improve operations performance (e.g., metrics for customer, partner, process, technology, team, etc.)
- Solicit Improvement Feedback – from our customers, partners and internal support teams (e.g., Product Management, Technology, Core Business functions, etc.)
- Identify opportunity areas and collaborate effectively with impacted teams, secure funding / resourcing / approval and execute with excellence on Operational automation, scaling or improvement programs and projects
WHO YOU ARE
- Experience in defining, managing, measuring and improving business operations functions
- Proven track record in defining, operating and scaling the customer service & support function
- E.g., inbound and outbound call center processes, incident management, multi modal contact methods, knowledge management, agent training, contact center technologies and tools, etc.
- Experience managing outsourced partners and functions
- E.g., defining functional / process / technical requirements, RFP / vendor selection, defining services & SLA’s, operational / control / management metrics, WFM / staffing, pricing and costs, ongoing vendor management framework, etc.
- Significant operational experience with
- Fraud and risk management – payment industry risk management experience is a plus
- Payment processing (payments, settlement, reconciliation, etc.) and Payout processing
- Customer facing reporting / delivery
- Operational experience with collections, write offs, accounts payable, escheatments, etc. is a plus
- Experience with regulatory compliance functions and reviews / audits is also a plus
- Payment or travel industry knowledge is a plus
You will fit this role if you have:
- Passion for Results: Maintain high standards for the individual, team and organizational accomplishment. Tenaciously work to meet or exceed challenging goals. Derive satisfaction from goal achievement and continuous improvement.
- Communication and Influence Skills: Clearly and succinctly convey information and ideas to individuals and groups; communicate in a focused and compelling way that draws and holds others’ attention. Create and execute influencing strategies that persuade key partners to take action towards advancing shared interests and business goals. Balance results with relationship.
- Analytical Skills: Secure and compare information from multiple sources to identify core issues. Commit to an action-plan after weighing alternative solutions against decision criteria. Enthusiastically and quickly make sense of complex issues. Respond effectively to complex and ambiguous situations.
- Eye for Business: Demonstrate a keen understanding of basic business operations and the organizational levers (systems, processes, departments and functions) that drive profitable growth. Draw from personal experience to quickly evaluate business plans and processes to identify data or recommendations that need further investigation.
- Decision Process: Use a factual approach to decision-making by systematically collecting valid and reliable data. Rely on the data rather than on emotions. Have the backbone to disagree and commit to the decisions towards better business outcomes.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Economics, Engineering or equivalent required; MBA from a premier program preferred
- Location: Bellevue, WA USA
WHY JOIN US
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.