Manager, Customer Experience
West Monroe isn’t a start-up consulting firm, but we act like one.
From day one, our people have the opportunity to make a definitive personal impact for their clients and their careers. What does this mean? It means we seek out the best of the best, and then we challenge them to make us better. We celebrate driven professionals who thrive in a collaborative environment. Sound interesting? Then West Monroe Partners just might be the place for you.
Think you’re up to the challenge?
West Monroe Partners is currently seeking a talented Customer Experience Manager, with expertise in leading both strategy and technical CX projects to join our team in Seattle. You are passionate about being a leader, helping our teams create client value through your strategic mindset and your strength as a project manager. We’re looking for someone who can bring that leadership into this growing team, help shape the direction of the practice, and help us celebrate our victories as the team grows.
Our consultants work on the front lines, partnering with clients to deliver game-changing solutions in the most dynamic industries. Our mission is to help Sr. Executives build business value by accelerating their organization to sustainable advantage in the marketplace. Your West Monroe team will be comprised of our industry specialists as well as your technical and functional counterparts. Together, we work with client leadership to set a vision, define strategy, and execute from strategy to technical implementation adding the value that only West Monroe Partners can.
You’ll be part of, and help lead, a team that takes as much pride in how it grows -and how much fun it’s having - as it has in the quality of the work we deliver. We enjoy our startup culture, and place high value in face-to-face time with our colleagues when we are not on client site. As a Manager at West Monroe, you will help set the direction for this growing team.
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
- Serve as both hands-on Business Consultant and Project Manager for several key clients.
- Responsible for day to day operations on one or more projects
- Lead project teams/work streams to define customer experience strategies and technical implementation programs, outline engagement structure and deliverables, ensure quality work and client satisfaction; manage project finances; identify and mitigate engagement risks
- Manage relationships with client stakeholders and sponsors
- Ability to quickly understand client environments and create strategies and technical implementation plans that align with client needs
- Mentor and manage teams of Junior Consultants to be able to keep the project on time as well as review work done by the team
- Understand how to use research and leverage strategic thinking to materially alter our clients’ customer experience strategy, including the development of personas, journey maps, service blueprints, etc.
- Understand CRM technologies being used on a project to be able to direct how to design, develop, and test a platform implementation project
- Quickly respond to client requests for immediate issues while also being able to drive projects to completion
- Analyze each client's specific request and determine the underlying problem and recommend proper solutions
- Able to work with larger management teams and determine interdependencies between West Monroe projects and other initiatives
- Work hands-on in creating deliverables which could include strategy, design, development, testing application and delivering training
People and Practice Development
- Coach and manage consultants from a project and career perspective, actively engage in feedback, annual performance and personal development
- Participate actively in the recruiting process for other consultants
- Drive the development and enhancement of WMP’s methodologies and approaches to client delivery and provide thought leadership for internal practice development
- Be a visible and engaging leader in the office and on client site, taking time to meet with and engage all members of the Customer Experience team
- Actively participate in business development with prospective clients including solution definition, pre-sales strategy, estimation, work plans and risk assessment
- Present solutions and proposals to clients and prospects
- Partner with WMP leadership to successfully develop and manage key client relationships
Work with existing clients during the course of a project to find and qualify new business development opportunities
- Actively build a professional network and affiliate network in the local community
- Participate in key client relationships and growing those accounts within Customer Experience practice and cross-selling to other areas within West Monroe
- The ideal candidate will have 6+ years of consulting experience, having led and managed client engagements across several industries
- Experienced candidates must have at least two years of hands-on experience in ownership or implementation of Customer experience programs, including both strategic and technical projects
- Knowledge and implementation of core CX efforts end-to-end, including customer research, strategy, vision, design, development, testing, and associated change management practices
- Knowledge of and hands-on experience working on the Salesforce.com platform, or on other CRM packages (Microsoft CRM, SAP CRM, SalesLogix, Oracle On-Demand, etc.)
- This is not a remote position
- Able to travel as needed to meet clients or lead projects on site, and also work face-to-face with colleagues at our office to promote our culture and mentor junior colleagues
- Excellent organizational, verbal, presentation/facilitation and written communication skills
- Ability to work well independently and with teams including project stakeholders and project team members
- Interest in developing methodologies, leading teams and evolving a practice
- Proactive desire to continue to broaden and deepen business and consulting skills
So, if you're looking for an opportunity to lead in a high-energy, team-oriented environment where you own your own career, we'd love to hear from you.
Think you've got what it takes? Then join our team and make us better.