Manager, Customer Success Associates at PitchBook
At PitchBook we work to provide global professionals with comprehensive data on the entire venture capital, private equity and M&A landscape so they can discover and execute opportunities with confidence. We credit our success and rapid growth to our cutting-edge products, customer centered attitude and ability to embrace and drive change.
In just over a decade, PitchBook has reached over 1,300 global employees with offices worldwide, and we're not slowing down! Consistently recognized as a Best Place to Work, our culture is at the heart of our success and is driven by excellence, inclusion and fun. At PitchBook we're committed to fostering an open and collaborative work environment.
About the role:
Business Development at PitchBook is the engine that drives our growth and our Customer Success Associates are instrumental in ensuring the ongoing expansion of our existing client accounts. This is a highly visible role that makes a direct and significant impact.
PitchBook is a complex product with a highly sophisticated clientele of financial market professionals. Success comes from your ability to genuinely connect with and uncover the needs of a potential client and to match those needs with the countless business applications that PitchBook can provide. This takes a highly consultative, intelligent, hard worker who will go the extra mile to ensure that we're matching pain points to solutions.
Are you looking to grow your career in sales management? Are you passionate about exceeding sales metrics and constantly working to identify better ways to increase success? PitchBook is seeking a motivated Manager for our Customer Success Associate team to help recruit, train, and lead our team of talented and energetic representatives.
The Manager, Customer Success Associates will report to the Director of Customer Success Development and will oversee our Seattle Customer Success Associate team at PitchBook.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Lead a team of Customer Success Associates to achieve sales goals
- Motivate the team and support the culture we have created here at PitchBook
- Support the vision and values of the company through role modeling and encouraging desired behavior
- Work closely with our Account Management team on understanding the value of opportunities to train on quality
- Report on sales metrics and own responsibility for team results
- Manage team output by monitoring lead flow, daily activities, and quality of opportunities created
- Facilitate onboarding and continual trainings
- Conduct team meetings to update CSA's on best practices and continuing expectations
- Provide support in a group and one on one setting
- Discover training needs and provide coaching
- Participate in various company initiatives and projects as requested
Skills and Qualifications:
- At least two years of professional management or team lead experience, ideally in a sales capacity
- A good candidate for the role is someone who has personal experience exceeding sales quotas through grit and creative thinking
- Experience in developing cold calling and prospecting skills and methodologies
- Previous experience building relationships with internal management
- Experience with Salesforce.com or a similar CRM, as well as Outreach.io or other workflow tools
- Willingness to learn our sophisticated yet elegant SaaS-based platform
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Recruiting and team development experience
- A Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required
- Proficiency with the MS Office suite including in-depth knowledge of Outlook, Word, and Excel with the ability to pick up new systems and software easily