Outreach is a leader in sales engagement software and one of the fastest growing technology companies in the world. Founded in 2014, we’ve experienced incredible growth - both the platform and the company culture have achieved worldwide recognition.
One of the largest teams at Outreach, Customer Success is the trusted advisor helping Sales Leaders shape their strategy and drive measurable business impact.
We are the experts on our product, the Sales Engagement industry, and contextualize together how it delivers value for our customers. A successful team member will be collaborative in their approach while advocating for customer needs to improve product, positioning, and capabilities.
As the Manager of CSMs, you will lead and manage a team of customer success professionals who are focused on delivering value realization for our customers. Reporting to the Sr/Director of Customer Success, this is a pivotal role that requires the ability to lead a team, collaborate with Sales and the Post-Sales organizations to deliver a seamless customer journey, build best practices and help a fast growing company deliver against our customer promise.
We are looking to hire this role on the East Coast either in our Atlanta office or remotely in the Eastern Timezone. Thank you!
Leadership & Team Building
- Recruit & develop an industry leading CSM team, founded on best practices and the ability to translate objectives into measurable actions
- Craft and facilitate personal career development plans, uplevel the team’s capabilities and provide ongoing enablement while setting a strong example of alignment to Outreach Values
- Partner with CS leadership as agents of change and transformation across the business to put the strategic vision into actionable milestones
- Manage the team to a key set of activities and indicators across the customer lifecycle
- Provide active performance feedback and management to CSMs based on set KPIs, targets, as well as customer call coaching
Driving the business: delivering value and driving customer health
- Partnering with Sales Leadership to coordinate successful renewals and expansions between CSM and Growth AEs, including coaching CSMs in building strategic customer Success Plans, optimization and value realization
- Identifying and acting quickly to resolve red flags that may put accounts at risk, as well as capitalizing on greenspace opportunities
- Fielding customer escalations and supporting EBRs for your team to discuss roadmap, value realization and overall account health
- Forecasting the health of your team's business and deliver results against monthly, quarterly, and annual objectives
- Exemplify an entrepreneurial bias that inspires your team to recognize patterns within the portfolio and surface key wins that will drive improvements for the business
Partner with internal resources, acting as customer advocate
- Connecting internal teams to maximize the customer experience - Product, Professional Services, Support, Sales, Marketing, and Leadership
- Prioritizing strategic initiatives and day-to-day management at the same time, working across internal/external stakeholders
Our Vision Of You:
- 5+ years of experience in customer success or account management
- 3+ years as a people manager with enterprise-grade SaaS company
- Experience in sales strategy, Sales Engagement, Marketing Automation Softwares or other relevant enterprise-grade SaaS applications
- Demonstrable leader who knows how to align the team and build trust through clear prioritization and closed loop feedback, as well as builds the performance or individuals through coaching, reviews, reward and recognition programs
- Proven ability to contextualize data to drive team performance but also showcase ROI for customers
- Experience in setting and measuring team KPIs and results
- History of improving processes, methodologies, programs or frameworks that improved team performance
- Exhibits a positive, professional and can-do-attitude especially in escalated circumstances
- Proven self-starter and able to come up to speed on complex, difficult concepts with minimal assistance
- Demonstrates excellent written and verbal communication skills
Values drive our behaviours and the decisions we make. In addition to the above, we look for candidates who share and can demonstrate our corevalues:
We are hungry craftspeople - we’re obsessed with continuous improvement.
We have grit and perseverance - we know that true champions have the will to break through walls.
We are one with our customers - we treat their pain and success as our own.
We’re always honest - with ourselves, our colleagues and our community.
We got your back - working at Outreach means you’re part of a family where no matter what, we’ll help you accomplish ever great feats and celebrate with you.
We take ownership - each of us is responsible for our collective success, and we expect you to represent your authentic self.
We find strength in diversity and inclusion - we go out of our way to find different points of view that challenge our own because
Why You’ll Love It Here
• Generous medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees and their dependents
• Flexible time off
• 401k to help you save for the future
• Company-organized and personal paid volunteer days to support the community that supports us
• Fun company and team outings (or virtual events these days!) because we play just as hard as we work
• Diversity and inclusion programs that promote employee resource groups like OWN (Outreach Women's Network), AAPI, Rainbow (LGBTQIA+), Gender+, LatinX, Black Excellence, Disability Community, and Veterans
• A parental leave program that includes not just extended time off but options for a paid night nurse, food delivery, gradual return to work, and the Gottman Institute's Bringing Home Baby course for new parents
• Employee referral bonuses to encourage the addition of great new people to the team
• Plus, unlimited snacks and beverages in our kitchen (once we're back in the office, that is!)
• We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status