Manager, Customer Support (Seattle, WA) at MedBridge
Are you looking for a job that has a positive impact on the world – where you can not only grow your skills while working on cool products, but also make a real difference in people’s lives? We are looking for a Manager, Customer Support who wants to make a big impact while experiencing the excitement of a fast-growing company at the intersection point of online education and healthcare.
And when we say we’re the best at what we do, we have the awards to back it up, from being one of Top 25 Seattle Companies in 2019 by Inc. 5000 in addition to being one of The Startup’s 2020 Companies to Watch.
MedBridge Support is vital to the success and health of the company. Our Support Team members are advocates for our users and the gatekeepers for the rest of the organization. As the Manager, Customer Support you and your team will be the first points of contact for all individual clients, as well as Enterprise level clients. This role requires patience, empathy, and dedication to get to the root cause of issues and provide creative solutions to help our clients have the best experience possible with our products.
In this role you will:
- Provide daily coaching, development, and leadership to a team of Customer Support Agents.
- Document, maintain, and update records for each individual's performance, conduct regular 1 on 1’s, and performance evaluations
- Being a subject matter expert to the team as well as the company and across other departments.
- Serve as the second tier for escalated customer issues and questions
- Partner with the Enablement Team (Learning and Development) to identify areas requiring additional training.
- Partner with leadership to ensure the Customer Support is staffed to meet the needs of our customers.
- Take ownership of customer support issues and act as an advocate on behalf of customers to proactively determine causes and help improve products.
- Provide account and technical support to individual and enterprise customers using an online ticketing system (Zendesk) for all phone and email ticket submissions
- Help the team answer all inbound calls for MedBridge and manage incoming voicemails
- Go above and beyond to provide incredible customer support for our clients
- Identify opportunities or risks that could impact enterprise and individual renewals, success, or experience
- Collaborate with the product management, development, and content teams to ensure innovation and expansion of solutions based on client needs
- Organize incoming feedback that is crucial to the continued improvement of our content, home exercise programming, and overall site design
- Update a knowledge base to provide premier quality self-service for users
- Implement new support technologies to improve team efficiency
- Report on Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) that drive prioritization, internal tool enhancements, and process improvements
- Train all new customer support representatives and be an ongoing coach and mentor for the team.
- Drive prioritization of efforts and reduce inefficiencies to contribute to overall success of the team ensuring we are meeting SLA’s and customer satisfaction scores
- Manage weekly reporting for overall team metrics and individual metrics and send a weekly recap to internal stakeholders
- Effectively lead team meetings
- Implement process change and improvements that are driven by the support team and user feedback.
- Serve as a technical liaison between customers and internal teams (e.g. Sales and Customer Success) and join scheduled customer meetings to help share insights about our products, how we support them, and their setup.
- Experienced. You have 5+ years of customer-service experience, preferably in SaaS.
- 3+ years of experience directly managing a team of support representatives
- Detail-Oriented. You live by high-quality standards and extreme attention to detail.
- Ability to grasp and understand technical concepts related SaaS and web based applications
- Organized. You love a well-crafted spreadsheet, and you’re adept at juggling priorities to make sure no balls get dropped.
- Problem-Solver. You love tackling the most difficult challenges and you drive internal discussions to find the best solution.
- Proactive. You follow up with clients and internal stakeholders well before deadlines arise. You raise your hand and propose solutions when something has to give.
- Excellent Communicator. You demonstrate professional phone and email etiquette.
- Expert. You are an expert in customer service and support processes. Zendesk use and management experience is a BIG plus.
- Leader. You are a high performer and others look to you as a leader.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Passion; We love what we do and find inspiration in our passion for improving patient care with innovative product;
- Collaboration; We seek and welcome feedback from colleagues, clinicians, and patients, knowing that collaboration leads to greater success.
- Resourceful; we do more with less, continuously iterating and optimizing for long-term success, understanding constraints drive innovation.
- Quality; quality in our work is of utmost importance; we hold ourselves and teammates to higher standards because the quality of our work directly impacts lives.
- Customer obsessed; our success and continued growth are driven by products that customers love and actually pay us for;
- We value our employees, MedBridge contributes generously to coverage for medical, dental, and vision, we have a 401(k) program with 50% company matching up to 2%;
- We believe in continued personal growth, offering 2 paid days and an allowance for the professional development of your choice.
At MedBridge, our mission is to improve the lives of patients and medical providers, while raising the quality of healthcare globally. To achieve this goal, we've created the most impactful educational content and innovative learning platform in the industry.
We embrace diversity and are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. No matter your background, your orientation, or your identity expression, if you want to raise the bar and join an amazing team of passionate people, then we'd love to work alongside you at MedBridge.