Manager, Information Technology
The eIT Collaboration team delivers integrated software solutions allowing all of Expedia Group’s employees and partners to perform their roles every single day. We value our internal customer group and seek to deliver the best solutions to everyday problems.
As a technical manager, you will lead the engineering team tasked with bringing premier content collaboration experiences which improve the daily lives of our users, enabling them to excel at their role, and successfully achieve shared business goals. We are passionate and committed in our dedication to provide excellent tools; establishing a robust, reliable suite of applications and services.
Our Team members take a long term view for solutions, with a solid focus on automation and scalability. You take the initiative, and take ownership to work issues to completion while remaining organised, consistent and calm under pressure. You enjoy working in a dynamic flexible environment with constant change and have the ability to express complex ideas to team members who have a variety of technical backgrounds.What you’ll do
- Lead a team of engineers to provide high quality technology products to our global employee base
- Work closely with technical leaders, operations and program management to define and articulate technical requirements, communicate status, risks with resolution plan, upcoming milestones, and recent releases
- Capture, measure and ensure solid value realization by working directly with internal customers using our products to solve real business problems
- Build and cultivate an environment of innovation, collaboration and solid execution, ensuring the team understands strategic goals, product and future technology roadmaps
- Identify potential solutions for all employee user personas, implementing large and small scale solutions aimed to increase employee productivity and ease of use
- Apply agile methodologies and new technology to enhance productivity, quality, and system performance
- Use your technical experience and critical thinking to solve process automation problems at scale and ensure that features deployed have technical integrity and stability
- Drive communication and collaboration with direct reports, customers and peers to share information and improve cross-organization processes
- Handle resolution of urgent engineering issues while communicating changes to business partners
- Develop and demonstrate detailed ownership of systems, configurations and documentation.
- Ensure the ongoing training and development of direct reports and develop the technical skills of the team
- Demonstrate effective leadership and mentoring skills and an ability to successfully define, develop, and scale engineering teams
- Able to articulate general approach to leading people and technology, and collaborate & influence effectively at executive level across complex organizations
- Function as technical, engineering and operational guide for our products and systems
- Ability to look at solutions in creative and unconventional ways, recognizing opportunities to innovate and drive business results
- Strong customer service orientation with a focus on employee experience
- Mindset towards automation and scalability
- Experience as a product owner within a technical team
- Demonstrable experience with building, configuring and solutioning content management systems
- Demonstrable experience with Python or PowerShell
- Experience managing enterprise productivity suites such as Office 365, Google Apps, and Atlassian JIRA and Confluence
- We are excited to move to our new Seattle Campus later this year. The campus features onsite wellness and market hall with amazing food options on 40 acres of waterfront property. Check out the campus and latest news on https://lifeatexpedia.com/seattle-campus
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.