Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry, where even 10 years ago, most truck drivers did not have smartphones and paper driver logs were common. In 2015, Convoy launched the digital freight movement with an open and fully connected marketplace for brands and manufacturers to work directly with freight carriers who move truckload shipments throughout the country. This ‘Digital Freight Network’ is powered by machine learning and automation, and supported by a broad, ever-growing set of features that benefit both sides of the marketplace.
We’ve been honored to work with some great companies, such as Unilever, The Home Depot, and Procter & Gamble. We’ve also been backed by world-class investors, including Google, YCombinator, Fidelity, Greylock Generation, Lone Pine, T. Rowe Price, Baillie Gifford and the founders and CEOs of Amazon, Salesforce, eBay, LinkedIn, Expedia, Dropbox, Starbucks, and others. We are proud to have been named a CNBC Disruptor 50 Winner (3x), a Fast Company World Changing Idea, a LinkedIn Top Startup, a Forbes' Best Startup Employer, one of Fortune Magazine's 'Impact 20' list, a best place to work in Washington State, a BloombergNEF Pioneer winner, and more.
This is your opportunity to collaborate with an incredible group of people and help transform the freight industry. Join Convoy and help us transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste.
You are a strong operational executor with people management experience who is eager to help Convoy scale and can demonstrate the ability to excel in an intense, dynamic work environment as an early member of a growing team. In partnership with the other Convoy operations teams an Operations Manager will help hire, onboard, and lead a team of Operations Specialists and Sr. Specialists. You’ll play an integral role in setting direction for your team and will bring the energy, grit, and work ethic necessary to get the job done!
Ideal candidates will be strong communicators and multi-taskers who are adaptable, resilient and eager to attack unfamiliar problems with curiosity and a bias for action.
- Motivate and lead a team to deliver against metrics required to serve Convoy customers.
- Manage performance and personal development of individual Operations Specialists and Sr. Specialists.
- Support hiring, onboarding, and training of Operations Specialists and Sr. Specialists.
- Work cross-functionally to develop SOPs, train, and keep your team up to speed on process and product changes
- Identify and advocate for additional resources needed for your team to succeed (training, SOPs, product work, etc.)
- Work across teams on the execution of strategic initiatives to address critical business issues or opportunities
- Work with our product and engineering team to make improvements that increase efficiency and help us serve customers
- Develop a team schedule and manage timekeeping to ensure SLAs are met with high-quality service.
We're looking for someone who has:
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum 3 years of experience working in a fast-paced customer support environment
- Empathetic leader; Demonstrated ability to manage individuals and teams effectively
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Data driven with a knack for process improvement.
- Scrappy; willing to dive in and do what’s needed, regardless of whether it’s in the job description
- Excellent problem-solving skills with ability to simultaneously manage multiple initiatives
- Self motivated; Able to work independently and think creatively to deliver results
Nice to haves:
- Technical skills in SQL, Excel, and/or data visualization
Employees' wellbeing is top of mind for the Convoy team. Outside of offering excellent medical, dental, and vision benefits, we also offer the following:
* On demand mental and emotional health benefits through Lyra
* On demand primary care through 98.6
* Generous paid time off
* Paid parental leave program
* Fertility benefit solutions via Progyny
* Child-care and adult/elder-care options through Bright Horizons
* Opportunity to join and contribute to one of our Employee Resource Groups
* Ability to make a real world impact!
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!