Manager, Workplace at Convoy
Sorry, this job was removed at 4:28 p.m. (PST) on Tuesday, May 26, 2020
Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Our mission is to transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste. The industry is huge and so is the opportunity to fundamentally changing the way freight moves across America and beyond for the better.
We are passionate about thinking big and solving really complex problems to make the lives of truck drivers, shippers and other people in freight industry easier through our innovation and technology. There will always be a better, more efficient way to transport goods, and we won’t ever stop inventing it.
Founded in 2015, we’re a mission-driven, well-funded, fast-growing startup, backed by world-class investors, including CapitalG, the growth equity investment fund of Google, and leading industry disruptors, including the founders and CEOs of Amazon, Salesforce, eBay, LinkedIn, Expedia, Dropbox, KKR, Starbucks, and others. We were named one of Washington State’s top places to work, a LinkedIn Top Startup and were the recipient of the GeekWire Next Tech Titan in 2018.
If working with smart, values-driven people to transform an entire industry sounds like something you’re into, come join Convoy, and help move the world forward!
We're looking for an experienced Workplace Manager to support our growing company. As a Workplace Manager you will be responsible for supporting the needs of employees within the company, as well as ensuring all aspects of the Seattle HQ are up to organizational standards. This role requires strong technical aptitude, enterprise support experience, and most of all, a strong customer-first attitude.
You will take ownership of:
- Workplace/Facilities Operations Including:
- Daily Management of Convoy’s Workplace helpdesk team
- Build, present, manage CAM and soft operation budget in partnership with Sr Manager of Real Estate and Workplace.
- Ongoing engagement with leadership team and managers to identify department specific space and set up needs.
- Stack planning and move management in partnership with Space Planner
- Building Engineering/Infrastructure/Life Safety:
- Works to ensure all MEP/life safety systems are optimally operating
- Aligns with IT team to scope and implement network and A/V resources
- Sources and manages external vendors for life safety and security needs/compliances
- Construction support:
- Vendor account management of common area maintenance vendors such as painters, low voltage data cabling, and electrical systems.
- Provides support to the Sr Manager, Real Estate and Workplace for large construction projects
- Office Services (Office Supplies/ Food Services/Transportation and parking):
- Vendor account manager responsible for contract compliance
- Works with Sr Manager to source key strategic vendor/partners
- Program owner responsible for contract compliance and performance evaluation
- Manages the allocation of parking passes and the maintenance of all records. Assist HR in the management of their bus pass program.
You have the following skills and experience:
- Minimum of 5 years of Corporate Facilities Management and/or Operations Project Management
- Led and or/built fast paced teams focused on quick and agile customer focused results while not sacrificing quality, integrity, or losing budget focus.
- A demonstrated ability to influence leaders. You have strong, well reasoned opinions and are decisive.
- You index high on Personal resilience and a sense or urgency
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills
- Strong detail-orientation and organization.
- Demonstrated record of adopting new technology in how you do your work - We are pretty nerdy!
- Fast growing startup environment supporting a wide range of roles and levels
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!