Manager, Workspace and Facilities
Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Our mission is to transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste. The industry is huge and so is the opportunity to fundamentally changing the way freight moves across America and beyond for the better.
We are passionate about thinking big and solving really complex problems to make the lives of truck drivers, shippers and other people in freight industry easier through our innovation and technology. There will always be a better, more efficient way to transport goods, and we won’t ever stop inventing it.
Founded in 2015, we’re a mission-driven, well-funded, fast-growing startup, backed by world-class investors, including CapitalG, the growth equity investment fund of Google, and leading industry disruptors, including the founders and CEOs of Amazon, Salesforce, eBay, LinkedIn, Expedia, Dropbox, KKR, Starbucks, and others. We were named one of Washington State’s top places to work, a LinkedIn Top Startup and were the recipient of the GeekWire Next Text Titan in 2018.
If working with smart, values-driven people to transform an entire industry sounds like something you’re into, come join Convoy, and help literally move the world forward!
You are eager to get your foot in the door at a fast-paced, rapidly growing startup. You will demonstrate the ability to excel in a dynamic work environment as an early member of a growing team. As a part of the Real Estate and Workplace Team, you'll bring the enthusiasm and attitude necessary to get the job done!
You will take ownership of:
- Workplace/Facilities Operations including:
- Daily management of Convoy’s Workplace helpdesk team
- Build, present, manage CAM and soft operating expense budget
- Ongoing engagement with leadership team and managers to identify department specific space and setup needs
- Stack planning and move management
- Building Engineering/Infrastructure/Life Safety:
- Works to insure all MEP/life safety systems are optimally operating
- Aligns with IT team to scope and implement network and A/V resources
- Sources and manages external vendors for life safety and security needs/compliances
- Construction Support:
- Vendor account management of common area maintenance vendors such as painters, low voltage data cabling, and electrical systems
- Provides support to the Facilities Director for large construction projects
- Office Services (Office Supplies/Food Services/Transportation and Parking:
- Vendor account manager responsible for contract compliance
- Works with Director to source key strategic vendor/partners.
- Program owner responsible for contract compliance and performance evaluation
- Manages the allocation of parking passes and the maintenance of all recordsAssist HR with the management of their bus pass program
You have the following skills and experience
- Minimum of 5 years of Corporate Facilities Management and/or Operations Project management.
- Led and/or built fast paced teams focused on quick and agile customer focused results while not sacrificing quality, integrity, or losing budget focus.
- A demonstrated ability to influence leaders. You have strong, well-reasoned opinions and are decisive.
- You index high on personal resilience and sense of urgency
- Excellent writing and verbal communications skills.
- Strong detail-orientation & organization.
- Demonstrated record of adopting new technology in how you do your work—we are pretty nerdy!
- Fast-growing startup environment supporting a wide range of roles and levels.
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we are actively seeking a diverse team. If you're a collaborative recruiter who wants to have an outsized impact with a small, tight-knit team, we'd love to hear from you!
Read Full Job Description