Limeade is an employee experience software company on a mission to transform work into a source of positivity, energy, humanity, and purpose. Founded in 2006, Limeade is a pioneer in the HR technology industry and is consistently recognized for its own award-winning culture. Today, Limeade solutions are used in approximately 100 countries around the globe. We help every employee know their company cares - and deliver people and business results that matter. Limeade partners with its customers to transform the overall employee experience by helping to improve employee well-being, engagement, and sense of inclusion - in addition to reducing the risk of unwanted turnover and burnout. To learn more, visit www.limeade.com (AXS listing: LME)
About the role:
Limeade is looking for a seasoned leader to lead our Limeade Institute team. This person will grow the team and scale the way the Institute supports the Limeade business now and in the future. This leader will evolve this function by developing strategy and process, crafting a strategic research program that fuels product development, business growth and brand awareness in the market. providing strategic and operational advice on key accounts to drive revenue and retention. This person will report to the VP, Product, but will support every Limeade department and function, from sales & marketing to customer success, People team, corporate development, Product & R&D.
- Lead, develop, and evolve a team of researchers and advisors who provide thought leadership in the fields of organizational and positive psychology, behavioral science, and the science of well-being.
- Establish and execute a strategy and research agenda for the Limeade Institute that supports the Limeade product roadmap and future business needs.
- Lead primary and secondary research studies, write white papers and technical reports, and develop internal- and external-facing documents and presentations.
- Partner with Product leadership on the product content strategy to ensure that Limeade science and research impacts end-user experience across the Limeade portfolio of products.
- Advise product teams on ways to apply science and research in the design and development of new and existing product offerings, product features and enhancements throughout the product lifecycle.
- Support the product and product marketing teams with analyses of the competitive landscape, including input on packaging and pricing of products.
- Consult and lead a team to consult on key customer and prospect accounts in a manner that is aligned with science and research to support new client acquisition and retention.
- Evolve the infrastructure required to scale customer/prospect advisory that aligns to product and service delivery roadmaps.
- Partner with Marketing to drive the development of materials that capture our thought leadership in the field, such as research summaries, , talks, webinars and other deliverables to help maintain Limeade’s differentiated position in the market.
- Consult with the People Team to ensure that the Limeade internal people programs are rooted in the science of care.
- Represents Limeade as voice of authority internally within Limeade and in market-facing webinars, conferences, and customer presentations.
- Stays up-to-date and shares industry developments in the fields of people analytics, organizational, behavioral and social psychology, population health & well-being, behavioral economics, or digital transformation, and/or the latest innovative customer programs.
- Extensive expertise in internal and/or external consulting, advising Talent Leaders in one or more of the following areas: employee research and people analytics, measurement and assessments, employee engagement, HR technology, organizational development, talent management, well-being, inclusion, internal communications, and other related topics
- Deep subject matter expertise in one or multiple strategic areas: employee research, talent management, organizational development, employee engagement, well-being, inclusion, and other related topics
- Advanced degree in organizational psychology, behavioral science, or related field
- Demonstrated experience conducting scientific research studies and applying findings in various contexts (business, health, education, product development, process refinement, etc.).
- Demonstrated ability to be a trusted and strategic advisor
- Proven ability to build and grow teams
- Experience working in a SaaS environment
- Demonstrated ability to build collaborated cross-functional relationships with UX, PM, PMM, CS and Sales
- Some travel required
- Ability to demonstrate our values in an on-going and consistent way
Limeade provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Limeade will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.