Market Manager at Convoy
Sorry, this job was removed at 4:08 a.m. (PST) on Saturday, March 20, 2021
Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Our mission is to transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste. The industry is huge and so is the opportunity to change the way freight moves.
The next time you’re out driving and see an 18-wheeler on the road, that truck is empty 35% of the time. When big trucks drive empty, they throw unnecessary CO2 into the atmosphere. In fact, empty trucks generate more than 76 million metric tons of wasted carbon emissions every year. At Convoy, our digital freight network helps reduce those empty miles and cut carbon waste by nearly half.
This is your opportunity to collaborate with an incredible group of people and help transform the freight industry. Join Convoy and help move the world forward.
About the team:
The Market Managers are relied on as market experts for our Marketplace operations teams. This team sits in the Carrier org, conducting research and tracking both Convoy and industry metrics to diagnose and take action when freight markets are changing. A Market Manager’s expertise will enable Convoy to accelerate our pace of growth and automation.
You can see around corners and predict market movements based on myriad signals that vary in form and significance. As a Market Manager you will need to be comfortable with ambiguity, conducting independent research, and making decisions with less than perfect information. You enjoy extrapolating data and use that information on market dynamics to inform internal teams and models. Said another way, your research and decisions will have outsized impacts on our marketplace in both directions.
- Be the expert on markets defined by geography, equipment type, and/or carrier and shipper segments
- Monitor and analyse both internal and external data feeds and signals that identify changing marketplace dynamics
- Conduct independent research to understand predictable seasonal trends and unpredictable events that impact truck capacity
- Keep Convoy teams up-to-date on events that impact our marketplace (seasonal trends, key industry developments, breaking news, weather etc.) to align the entire company on market trends
- Work closely with Brokerage regional teams to share information on market conditions and receive feedback on real time carrier behavior
- Assess the impact of real-time signals and make adjustments to our marketplace accordingly
- Conduct post-mortem analyses to evaluate the effectiveness of decisions and implement learnings
We're looking for someone who has:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2-4 years of research, commodity trading, and/or support to operations and/or sales teams
- Strong written and cross-functional communication skills
- A proven track at conducting independent market research to contextualize market and drive action
- Proven analytical skills – Experience creating and analyzing business information, creating dashboards, tracking key business metrics; Experience writing/understanding SQL queries is important.
- Ability to prioritize workload and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Comfortable making high-impact decisions with less than perfect information
- A self starter who identifies problems to solve and manages solutions from end to end
Employees' wellbeing is top of mind for the Convoy team. Outside of offering excellent medical, dental, and vision benefits, we also offer the following:
* On demand mental and emotional health benefits through Lyra
* On demand primary care through 98.6
* Generous paid time off
* Paid parental leave program
* Fertility benefit solutions via Progyny
* Child-care and adult/elder-care options through Bright Horizons
* Opportunity to join and contribute to one of our Employee Resource Groups
* Ability to make a real world impact!
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!