Member Experience Specialist - Retention at Trupanion
Trupanion is a leading provider of medical insurance for cats and dogs in North America. Our mission is to help the pets we all love receive the veterinary care they need. At Trupanion we offer a collaborative, casual, and pet-friendly environment where everyone is encouraged to be themselves.
Do you love pets? Are you looking for a career in a fast growing industry that helps pets? Want to be part of something big? If you answered yes to these questions, we want you!
Trupanion is looking for a motivated professional to join their dedicated, passionate, and fun Retention team. The right candidate for the Member Experience Specialist - Retention role will join the company's bold plans to lead the industry and grow market share.
Key Responsibilities Include:
The Member Experience Specialist - Retention is on the front lines answering inbound customer calls, working to find a solution to help customers keep their pets protected with a Trupanion policy. Insurance can be confusing but we’re here to help! Our day to day is largely spent informing our current customers on how they can utilize their policy and addressing customer questions and concerns.
Success in this role is based on your individual performance, and monthly bonuses are eagerly awarded when goals are met and exceeded -- all while you help cats and dogs live longer, healthier lives.
Qualifications (Please include a cover letter with your application!)
- Minimum 1 year of successful Customer Relations or Retention experience in a high volume call center
- Minimum 35 wpm touch typing speed
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications such as Outlook, SharePoint and Dynamics CRM
- Property and Causality licensed in Washington State ($1500 signing bonus for licensed candidates OR Trupanion provides coursework and paid study time for the candidate to pass the test.
- Comfortable working in an office with pets
- Results-driven: understanding which results are important and why, and focusing resources available to achieve them.
- Communication Skills: ability to communicate clearly over the phone and in writing.
- Emotional intelligence: ability to control outward emotions while handling interpersonal relationships empathetically.
- Emotional resilience: be aware of one’s own emotional reactions and adapt to stressful situations or crises without lasting difficulties post-interaction.
- Critical thinking/ think outside the box: ability to assess, analyze, and problem solve while handling complex, gray-area situations.
- Problem Solving: Clearly define what the problem is, generate a plan for how to solve the problem and then implement it.
- Customer service experience: experience providing excellent service in a customer-centric position.
- Ability to multitask: remain engaged and thorough in your work while actively handling two or more tasks.
- Positive attitude: maintain an overall positive outlook while handling difficult situations.
- Self-Motivated: internally inspired to do a good job and provide the best service.
- Patience/active listener: listens to truly hear their customer and their problems, and able to explain solutions in different ways until the customer understand.
- Calm under pressure: remain calm and poised under pressure while focusing on what’s best for the customer.
- Organizational skills: able to prioritize their work and understand when it is appropriate to give certain tasks priority over others.
- Coachable: someone who is self-aware, can recognize areas of opportunity, and receive feedback to improve their skill set.
- Time Management: You are able to plan your time effectively, re-prioritizing if needed, while remaining efficient and productive.
- Ability to learn quickly in an ever-changing, fast-paced environment
- Fluency in Spanish or Quebec French is a plus!
Flexible Work Locations:
While we love seeing everyone in the office, we are currently 100% remote as a company due to safety precautions with COVID-19. We have the ability to hire fully remotely in certain states.
We’re all about helping pets. We promote a cohesive and nimble team environment, and we hire, develop, and promote team members. We trust each other. We are transparent and honest. We care about one another and want to see our team members succeed, personally and professionally. We strive to promote from within and reduce bureaucracy to allow creative thinking. We’re focused on providing continuous training and support to all team members to encourage long-term happiness and success.
Take a look inside our office and see for yourself:
Things We Value
- Caring: We care about each other.
- Adhocracy: An adhocracy is intentionally ‘adhoc’ instead of bureaucratic. Adhocracies value the ability to adapt quickly, flexibility and employee empowerment.
- Trusting: We trust one another with information
- Sincere: We do what we say and say what we mean.
- Devoted: We love pets.
- Original: We are innovative and fair.
- Genuine: We are free to express our true selves.
- Simple: Simple is better.
For more information about Trupanion, visit http://trupanion.com/about
Trupanion is an equal opportunity employer and embraces diversity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.