Network Engineer at Getty Images
Getty is embarking on its next wave of innovation in visual storytelling and how to put the perfect image or video in our customer’s hands, be it for a society-changing headline or a brand’s next big campaign—truly moving the world with images.
Who We Are:
Getty Images is the most trusted and esteemed source of visual content in the world, with over 200 million assets available through its industry-leading sites www.gettyimages.com and www.istock.com. The Getty Images website serves creative, business and media customers in almost 200 countries and is the first place people turn to discover, purchase and share powerful content from the world's best photographers and videographers.
Getty Images works with over 200,000 contributors and hundreds of image partners to provide comprehensive coverage of more than 130,000 news, sport and entertainment events, and impactful creative imagery to communicate any commercial concept and the world's deepest digital archive of historic photography.
Getty Images is the starting point for our customers imagery search. Customers are confident that they are going directly to the best source of content, and that Getty's search engine will surface only the most relevant content to them and have the tools they need to refine and explore creatively.
Our customers will be able to communicate effortlessly with Getty Images, in their quest to find the right imagery. Using text, voice, or visual channels, they will have the ability to describe their content needs creatively and thoroughly. Getty Images' search will eliminate the barrier that exists between a creative art director and a technical researcher.
Who You Are
You are a team player who possesses an intermediate to advanced level of Network and Telecommunications experience and skill. You can easily demonstrate a mix of technical and soft skills which enable you to communicate with different business groups with ease. You are a proven self-starter who is detail-oriented and has a knack for prioritizing and time management. You are excited by the idea of working in a global enterprise environment and are comfortable working under pressure and with tight timelines.
As the ideal candidate, you can multi-task between design and project work, support work, and maintenance work. You are hands-on and want to be part of a highly functional team that will collaborate on strategic planning, design, implementation, documentation, operation, maintenance, and optimization of Getty Images converged network infrastructure, including, but not limited to, network, telephony, audio/visual equipment, and related systems, services and software.
Your Next Challenge
- Report to the Manager of Network & Telecom and help evolve a highly effective customer-oriented service infrastructure that meets measurable goals
- Collaborate with team to define objectives, priorities and activities that support the department and company strategies and goals
- Partner with other operational teams and vendors to ensure 24/7/365 service and maximum up time
- Participate in the delivery of projects ranging in size from small to multiple month, global initiatives
- Define and improve Network & Telecom team KPI’s, processes and procedures
- Provide on-site technical support, installation and maintenance of network infrastructure including software, routers, switches and wireless networks
- Design, implement and support routing policies and next-gen network topology
- Work effectively in a globally distributed multi-vendor Internet, WAN, Telecom and LAN network, which includes cloud vendor components
- Design and implement WAN optimizations and firewall rules and policies in globally dispersed offices
- Design, maintain and troubleshoot QoS for Enterprise Network and Unified Communications services that utilized both public and private data circuits
- Develop, create and maintain structured network documentation, device configurations, circuit information and operations network diagrams
- Provide statistics of network performance and capacity and make proactive recommendations for changes to the network environment
- Maintain currency on career skills as necessary to support a multi-vendor network and telecommunications infrastructure, including knowledge of industry standards and advancements
- Contribute to an annual IT budgeting process
What You’ll Need
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience in this field
- Experience working with a globally distributed team
- Experience operating a global, multi-vendor converged network
- Seasoned hands-on experience with Cisco systems solutions
- Experience with AWS, GCP, or Azure cloud platforms
- Ability to demonstrate experience with OSPF, BGP, IPSec, VoIP, VRF, QoS
- Experience with Cisco switching/routing and advanced LAN / WAN configurations for high availability networks is required
- Experience supporting enterprise scale network and telecom environments
- Must possess the ability to take initiative, and exercise professional, independent judgment, and able to formulate recommendations for delivery to management
- Able to express complex concepts to a variety of audiences with excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must be willing to travel, including Internationally, when necessary for project related work
- Applicants must be able and willing to participate in on-call rotation and respond to calls 24/7/365 when on-call
- Proficiency in the design, maintenance and support of Unified Communications systems
- ITIL training, understanding and certification
- DR infrastructure design and operations support experience
- Experience with IDEs, scripting tools and development processes
- Experience with formal Network Security practices
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management, or a closely related field
- Training and Certifications for Cisco, Juniper and/or similar, pertinent Networking/UC qualifications
- Experience with Cisco UC/PBX, Cisco Nexus, and Cisco ASR
- Experience with Juniper Firewall, JUNOS Space and/or related security products
- Experience with Splunk, SolarWinds, LiveAction and similar monitoring tools
- Experience with WAN Optimization and/or SD-WAN solutions
Getty Images is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. Getty Images believes that diversity is critical to our success in moving the world with images and is committed to creating an inclusive, mutually respectful environment which celebrates diversity. We seek to hire on the basis of merit, competence, performance, and business needs.