Zipwhip is a Seattle-based SaaS (Software-as-a-Service) company providing text messaging to businesses across North America through cloud-based software and a best-in-class API solution. One of the fastest growing tech companies in North America as ranked by Deloitte Fast 500 2017 and 2018, Zipwhip invented the technology that enables businesses to text using their existing landline, VoIP or toll-free phone number and communicate with consumers the modern way.
Zipwhip is aggressively investing in our people, product offerings and processes. We are backed by Goldman Sachs, Microsoft Ventures, OpenView, Voyager Capital and a host of other investors, and are seeing rapid growth in both employees and revenue. Zipwhip is the only business-texting provider with direct connections to all Tier 1 and 2 wireless operators in the U.S., and we've delivered billions of texts to consumers nationwide.
Zipwhip employees come to work every day (to one of Seattle's coolest offices) inspired and ready to live out our DIRECT values: Determination, Innovation, Respect, Enthusiasm, Collaboration and Trust. If you want to be part of an organization where highly motivated thinkers are empowered to change the way we communicate with the world around us, then we'd like to hear from you.
What we're looking for:
We are looking for a Network Operations Technician that will monitor critical network elements for infrastructure used by both internal and external customers. This person will provide 24/7 network monitoring and support for mission critical services related to our gateway, carrier, and API business. We're seeking contributors that are hungry to improve and grow the resiliency of the systems, network, and monitoring infrastructure.
We're looking for ambitious people seeking to learn everything they can about Zipwhip while continually learning and leveraging new technologies. In this role, you will help Zipwhip deliver industry leading applications and platforms to businesses. We're looking for candidates who are seeking to grow and develop along with the company.
What's the job really?
- Proactively monitor Zipwhip message deliverability, carrier/gateway connections, and other network telemetry
- Triage support tickets via email, phone, and ticketing system
- Respond to system alarms/alerts in a timely fashion and troubleshoot and escalate as required
- Manage short and long-term trouble tickets, providing regular updates to external customers and internal stakeholders until issue resolution
- Perform ongoing maintenance of servers and network devices during maintenance windows
- Contribute to documentation and procedures when troubleshooting and resolving production issues and performing maintenance
- Write scripts to automate repeatable tasks
What you bring to the table:
- Availability to work any shift in a 24/7/365 environment
- Position requires flexibility in work schedule weekend, swing, and night shifts
- Positive attitude and ability to communicate with a wide array of stakeholders
- Solid technical troubleshooting and problem-solving skills with an analytic focus
- Experience managing Linux servers in a production environment
- Experience using monitoring tools such as Nagios, Logic Monitor, PRTG, Zabbix, Solarwinds
- Understanding of networking concepts (TCP/IP, LAN, WAN)
- Scripting experience in Python, Go, Bash a big plus
- Experience with cloud infrastructure, Azure/AWS plus
What we offer:
- A fun, lively startup culture and one of Seattle's coolest offices.
- Core values-based leadership.
- A culture of employee engagement-lively weekly company updates as 1 example.
- Competitive salary and stock options.
- Complimentary access to a fitness center.
- Stipend for transportation and cell phone usage.
- Full benefits package including parental leave, a matching 401k program, PTO, and medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance.
- Complimentary snacks, complimentary beverages, a subsidized cafeteria with lunch made fresh every day, and free lunch on Fridays catered by local chefs.
- Complimentary shuttle access to office from King Street Station, Ferry Terminal and Yesler/Occidental.
Zipwhip values an inclusive and diverse team.
We are an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: race, color, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.