We are one of the main reasons it’s possible to text with a business today. Zipwhip was the first company to enable texting on existing business phone numbers, and we are now the world’s leading business-texting software and API provider. More than 35,000 companies use us to increase customer engagement and drive growth through texting on their existing landline, VoIP or toll-free phone number. Intuitive cloud-based software, an enterprise-grade API and direct network connectivity mean businesses can use any computer or mobile device to securely and reliably reach their customers, every time.
Our strong venture backing allows us to aggressively invest in our product, technology and team; we’ve received nearly $100 million in funding from the likes of Goldman Sachs, M12 (Microsoft Ventures) and OpenView. We are consistently ranked one of Washington’s fastest-growing workplaces, and were voted the 6th best place to work in the state by Seattle Business magazine and The Puget Sound Business Journal in 2019.
Every day we work to uphold our core DIRECT values: Determination, Innovation, Respect, Enthusiasm, Collaboration and Trust. We know that we’ll build better products if we have a diverse and inspired team that’s encouraged to make mistakes and experiment.
If you want to be part of a team where you’re supported and empowered to change the way the world communicates, then we’d love to hear from you.
How this role makes an impact:
We are looking for a Network Operations Technician that will monitor critical network elements for infrastructure used by both internal and external customers. This person will provide 24/7 network monitoring and support for mission critical services related to our gateway, carrier, and API business. We're seeking contributors that are hungry to improve and grow the resiliency of the systems, network, and monitoring infrastructure.
We're looking for ambitious people seeking to learn everything they can about Zipwhip while continually learning and leveraging new technologies. In this role, you will help Zipwhip deliver industry leading applications and platforms to businesses. We're looking for candidates who are seeking to grow and develop along with the company.
What you’ll be working on:
- Proactively monitor Zipwhip message deliverability, carrier/gateway connections, and other network telemetry.
- Triage support tickets via email, phone, and ticketing system.
- Respond to system alarms/alerts in a timely fashion and troubleshoot and escalate as required.
- Manage short and long-term trouble tickets, providing regular updates to external customers and internal stakeholders until issue resolution.
- Support assistance with maintenance of servers and network devices during maintenance windows.
- Contribute to documentation and procedures when troubleshooting and resolving production issues and performing maintenance.
- Write scripts to automate repeatable tasks.
- Collaborate with our Operations and Support org members to provide 24/7 coverage.
The skills you’ll need:
- Availability to work any shift in a 24/7/365 environment.
- Position requires flexibility in work schedule weekend, swing, and night shifts.
- Positive attitude and ability to communicate with a wide array of stakeholders.
- Solid technical troubleshooting and problem-solving skills with an analytic focus.
- Experience managing Linux and Windows servers in a production environment.
- Experience using monitoring tools such as Nagios, Logic Monitor, PRTG, AlertManager.
- Experience with SQL and Database navigation. DataGrip use a plus.
- Experience with Atlassian products (Jira, Confluence).
- Understanding of networking concepts (TCP/IP, LAN, WAN).
- Understanding of Messaging concepts (SMS, MMS, API).
- Scripting experience in Python, Go, Bash a big plus.
- Experience with cloud infrastructure, Azure/AWS plus.
- Ranked the #6 best workplace in Washington in 2019 from Seattle Business magazine and The Puget Sound Business Journal
- Consistently ranked one of Washington’s fastest-growing companies by Deloitte
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Full benefits package including parental leave, 401k, flexible remote work, generous PTO
- Health benefits including paid maternity and paternity leave, medical, vision, disability and life insurance
- Free on-site weekly yoga and meditation classes hosted by ZUM fitness, and discounted memberships to Soul Fitness and CorePower Yoga
- A brand new office on Elliott Bay with easy beachfront park access
- Stipend for transportation and cell phone usage
- A culture of transparency and open communication, including a catered weekly lunch meeting hosted by our CEO
- Values-based leadership and a commitment to building diversity and inclusion
Regular and predictable attendance is an essential function of the job.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity of all kinds. We prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally recognized basis. This includes, but isn’t limited to, race, color, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, creed, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, age, veteran status, disability or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
We are an E-verify participating employer.