New Engen is seeking an Operations Leader to lead internal business operations, including teams with customer facing roles. The role is designed to work across the entire New Engen business, partnering with a diverse set of leaders and teams to design, build, deploy and enable New Engen’s growth. We are looking for a hands-on leader that pursues quick wins utilizing readily available data versus perfectly developed solutions. The Operations Leader will have a passion for building solutions and enabling others in times of clarity and often in highly ambiguous environments where the goal is known but the path is less certain. This is a high-impact role responsible for partnering with cross-functional stakeholders, company executives, and front-line employees.
Functions and Responsibilities
- Lead the client onboarding and operations team to ensure customers have a consistent, organized and amazing experience after they choose New Engen.
- Design, implement, and enable the New Engen client service playbook in partnership with the Managed Services leadership team to promote consistency of approach, feedback loops that enable decisions, decreases client churn and promotes client health.
- Design, implement, and enable new hire training for the client facing Marketing Team, taking new hires from zero marketing knowledge to competencies across paid digital marketing and New Engen’s technology.
- Conceptualize strategic plans and objectives for international growth. Operationalize the international expansion strategy by establishing entities, building operational partnerships in new countries, supporting the hiring and onboarding of international employees, and ensuring local execution of New Engen operations is consistent with the US while tailored to local country standards.
- Partner with Product, Sales, Marketing and People teams to develop and implement the operating infrastructure for the delivery of New Engen’s self-service tools (SaaS products) from Order to Renewal, including delivery and ongoing customer success.
- Lead the Office Management team ensuring that the offices operate in a manner supportive of the success of our employees and our goals. Ensure remote offices outside of Seattle are fully resourced and that remote employees are well-connected to our people and programs.
- Translate strategic plans into focused and manageable business, people and cultural goals. Tie objectives to specific team goals and overall company performance.
- Lead through ambiguity – help our teams to operate towards their goals, sometimes with little information. Progress is more important than perfection.
Skills and Experience:
- 8+ years' experience in operational roles to support rapid growth environments
- A proven track record of building and maintaining cross-functional relationships at the executive level and at all other levels of the organization
- Ability to influence others and bring people along. You work through people, not against them
- Strong business acumen and judgment
- LOVES ambiguity. Needs only the direction, not the map. Does not allow organizational blockers to disrupt or stop progress towards goals
- Entrepreneurial approach - a self-starter able to build capabilities from scratch, see the work through execution, and ruthlessly prioritize in an ever changing/evolving landscape
- Executive-level written and verbal communication skills