Operations Readiness Manager, Support Communications at ServiceNow
Job Title: Operations Readiness Manager, Support Communications
This position requires the Public Trust Position (PTP) Tier 2 Level suitability adjudication. If offered employment, you must be willing to complete and successfully pass the adjudication process. Any employment is contingent upon obtaining the required adjudication. Only US or naturalized citizens will be considered.
This position reports to: Director, Technical Support Operations
WHO WE ARE
ServiceNow is changing the way people work. With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks and processes that make up day-to-day work life, we help the modern enterprise operate faster and become more scalable than ever before.
We’re disruptive. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our product, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations and a career at ServiceNow means challenging yourself to always be better.
The Global Support Communications team focuses on delivering best in class services to our customers. We are passionate about the customer experience and how to leverage thought leadership, innovation, and technology to make the world of work better for our customers and ServiceNow.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
Operations Readiness Manager is a global role reporting to the Director, Technical Support Operations. This role is responsible for managing all aspects of planning and enablement in ensuring that the Support Communications team is ready to deliver the Communication services for ServiceNow initiated maintenance activities. Areas that the Operations Readiness Manager will be responsible for include, but are not limited to, Upgrades, Patching, Datacenter Moves, Security Maintenance, Infrastructure Maintenance, and Customer Experience.
The candidate will be the single point of contact between key stakeholders requesting ServiceNow initiated maintenance activities, assigned project managers, and the Global Support Communications Managers. This includes overall communication creation and supportability for new maintenance activities. The Operations Readiness Manager is responsible for understanding the details of the maintenance activity, analysis, communication services planning, identification of training needs, identification of tooling needs, assessment of resource impacts, and identifying other mitigation activities to maximize both customer experiences and success of the maintenance activity.
The Operations Readiness Manager is responsible for keeping the Support Communications leader updated on efforts underway. Working with teams globally, this role is responsible for striving towards continuous improvement in key Support Communication metrics including: Customer Satisfaction, Escalation Effectiveness, number of Cases as a result of ServiceNow initiated Maintenance activities, Volume of communications to customers, etc.
This role will closely interact with key stakeholders within Technical Support and cross-functional teams to clearly understand the maintenance activities and customer impacts to ensure smooth Communication services delivery. This includes working with global communication and Support Account Manager teams to ensure they have the appropriate knowledge and processes for a best-in-class customer experience and minimum impact to Technical Support organization.
- Assess submitted Customer Communication requests to understand the impact to Customers
- Work with Communication requestors to define and document the Support Communication content and delivery process for the maintenance effort being requested. Train Support Communication teams for execution.
- Develop dashboards for maintenance activity requested for smooth service execution.
- Deliver Support Communications operational analytics, actionable insights, and drive best-in-class processes.
- Monitor all maintenance activities: timing, impact to customers, and customer level analytics
- Liaison with Support Communication request management and service execution teams for flawless execution and minimized impact (no cases or escalations) to the delivery or escalation teams
- Facilitate and drive weekly/bi-weekly meetings with request Management and Support Communications services execution teams for planning and execution alignment
- Support Communications Subject Matter Expert (SME)
- Actively participate in stakeholder meetings to provide an overview of the customer experience (cases, changes, tasks, areas of concern, education, problems etc.) Leverage data to substantiate all information, hypotheses, and outcomes
- Work with requesting stakeholder teams to implement the Transfer of Information (TOI) for Support Communications around new maintenance activities – identify and address risk items, key features, functionality changes, etc.
- Help the global Support Communications leaders to define the resource plan and ensure that the maintenance activities are being executed according to that global resource plan.
- Executive communications to Support leadership and key stakeholders as needed
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who is/has:
- The subject matter expert (SME) for Support Communications
- At least 10-15 years of experience in Operations or Customer Support in a high-tech industry, preferably SaaS environments.
- Leverage the ServiceNow platform and reporting capabilities to aid in becoming a SME
- Ability to analyze metrics and provide actionable solutions/recommendations
- Excellent leadership skills with the ability to work independently and collaborative with cross-functional organizations within ServiceNow.
- Demonstrated ability to influence to achieve desired outcomes
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills. The ability to listen to and empathize with others; convey confidence; resolve conflict effectively and maintain a professional demeanor.
- Ability to own and drive key projects to completion.
- Dynamic, energetic, motivated, positive outlook with the ability to multi-task and prioritize responsibilities.
- Both a deep understanding of and a knack for coordinating the many moving parts essential to achieving success.
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at [email protected] for assistance.