Operations Specialist - Brokerage (Weekend Included) at Convoy
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:40 a.m. (PST) on Thursday, October 31, 2019
Convoy, one of the fastest growing startups in the U.S., is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Convoy offers the world’s largest companies the best option for moving their freight through its network of thousands of technology-connected trucking companies. Shippers get instant quotes, real-time GPS tracking on all shipments, and actionable business analytics to improve their supply chain. Trucking companies get access to free tools and resources that allow them to find loads they want, drive fuller trucks, and get paid quickly. Convoy is growing quickly and hiring in every area. Come join a company that is literally moving the world forward! Founded in 2015, Convoy is backed by this century’s leading disruptors, including the founders and CEOs of Amazon, Salesforce, eBay, Linkedin, Expedia, Dropbox, KKR, Starbucks, and others.
About Brokerage Operations:
Brokerage Operations is critical to Convoy's success. The Brokerage Ops team is the bridge between the old way of connecting shippers to carriers (buy low, sell high), and the new way (instantly matching the right truck for each shipment). Brokerage Ops is one of the teams that truly manages both sides of the marketplace at Convoy. We ensure that the freight we take is healthy for marketplace building and then make sure we find the best truck for the job as quickly as possible. They have the ability to sell freight quickly and negotiate effectively, simultaneously introducing the technology that will help trucking companies streamline & scale their business. The team comprises of people from diverse backgrounds and ways of thinking. We've had great people join us from logistics backgrounds, as well as marketing, tech sales, retail, customer service, operations, and plenty of others. We hire people who fit the attributes and values that we hold in high regard such as outcome orientation, hustle, humility, and great communication. We value each and every employee, and are excited to say we have a team that is proud to work for Convoy. We are looking for new individuals who are excited to be a part of, and contribute to the current Brokerage team production and cohesion. It’s not about the free snacks, but who you talk to in the kitchen!
You thrive in a team environment. Seeing tangible results from your hard work is important for you. You are a dynamic individual who can sell, but also deal with solution management in real-time. You are strong at process improvement and poised to quickly solve problems. You are open to a cross-functional role but are open to learning your specialty along the way. You understand why Convoy is the future of freight and are excited to take us to the next level!
You'll have ownership over:
- Willingness to work the weekend schedule
- Helping build a vibrant and highly motivated team that is constantly pushing to progress
- Work directly with carriers in real time to match shipments at the best rate to the market
- Assist with active shipments, coordinating customer shipment needs between external and internal teams
- Improving market management through metric deep dives and strategic problem solving
- Overseeing the successful matching of shipments, by utilizing our proprietary dashboards and market knowledge
- Support new geographic, program & demand expansion initiatives
You have the following skills and experience:
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Experience in sales, operations, customer service, data analysis or client facing experience
- A positive and proactive attitude who is eager to contribute to team and company growth
- Commitment to support our carriers with excellent customer service
- Passionate about improving processes through critical thinking and team collaboration, along with a strong desire to make an impact on the freight industry
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment, taking initiative to strategically resolve issues and find efficiencies
- Energized by negotiations to create win-win scenarios between
- Convoy and our carriersStrong written and cross-functional communication skills
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!