Operations Support Analyst at Expedia Group
Have a passion around contact center operations? Want to work with a collaborative team of Analysts driven by Expedia’s Guiding Principles? The Global Customer Command Center is a team at the forefront of contact center support operations that can make a real impact, directly on our customer base.
What you'll do
- Real-time monitoring of critical business operations and performance indicators at an interval level- call volumes, average handle times, queue time, call center agent availability, call center service level adherence.
- Communicates performance trends and areas of concern to management and help implement corrective actions plans as needed.
- Engage with contact centers/vendor contacts to understand reason for performance impacts.
- Take action to mitigate various impacts to performance metrics per documented processes.
- Recognize and initiate incidents for all system disruptions or outages including network, routing systems, computer systems, customized department systems and all applicable supported applications within guidelines.
- Understand and translate business impacts for low, medium, high/critical priority issues on a global scale Track, follow up and provide reporting on system/service difficulties raised to the team, including resolution.
- Manage, delegate and monitor operations intake policies and procedures.
- Assist with the monitoring of world events for crisis situations that may impact the business. Craft information on these events and notify Global Crisis Operations Team
- Craft, run and distribute normal daily and ad hoc reports for business partners
- Assist on various projects and tasks as assigned by management team and meet all deadlines associated with project work
Who you are
- Able to apply quality customer service for global internal and external team members by phone or email
- Technical experience as it relates to a call center and/or support environment or call center command center experience
- Understanding of the impact of staffing shortages to a contact centers ability to provide service to customers
- Flexible working hours to cover all times for support if needed in a 24x7 environment
- High sense of urgency
- Able to effectively partner with employees at all levels of the organization and work with a variety of people from diverse backgrounds
- Possess 2+ years of experience in a 24x7 operations role: Command Center, NOC, Production Operations role preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent demonstrated work experience with an emphasis towards operation support
- ITIL certified, preferred
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground, so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world, and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.