As the People Strategy & Operations Manager, you’ll work closely with the Head of People Strategy & Operations and Analytics as well as the VP of People to drive key business initiatives and change across the People team.
We are looking for someone with a strong executive presence, business mindset, and the aptitude to drive rigor and critical thinking into key People related initiatives across Dropbox. You will own the operational engine, helping us anticipate needs, use data for decision making, and streamline processes and create efficiencies. You must have the capacity to balance multiple priorities, influence internal partners, and possess excellent communication skills that can be tailored to cross-functional audiences at every level. You’ll also be responsible for leading the small but mighty Strategy & Operations team (1 direct report), providing clear guidance and setting the team roadmap, as well as supporting growth and development for your direct report.
This role will be intimately involved with the strategic direction of the People Team, requiring you to drive projects and dialogue around HR strategy, goals, and reporting. You will also be required to successfully develop plans, proposals, and manage key stakeholders to do the same!
You will have the opportunity to roll-up your sleeves and help the People function move from strategy to execution.Responsibilities
- Work in partnership with People leadership team to identify key strategic projects with company-wide impact and then help build operational plans to execute against these strategic projects. This can include M&A, strategic People-wide projects related to retention and budget, and the future of work
- Drive operational excellence for the People team through driving the People team annual planning with the HR Leadership team (HRLT) as well as quarterly and annual OKR/budget/headcount planning and tracking
- Manage the People Strategy & Operations team, developing the team roadmap and OKRs as well as developing and managing 1 talented FTE
- Build strong peer-level relationships with Dropboxers across the People organization and in partnership with key internal stakeholders (FP&A, Staff Operations, Legal)
- Create a sense of cohesion across the People team, through driving content for People team events (all hands, offsites, social events), supporting People team development professional development, and supporting HRLT cohesion
- Prepare presentations and dashboards as needed for executive-level audience
- 6-10 years experience in a management consulting, strategy, operations, and/or human resources role
- Excellent project management skills with a proactive mindset
- Ability to translate between strategic business decisions and their operational implications
- Ability to shift from high-level strategic thinking to stepping in and helping to drive implementation alongside functional teams
- Comfort with ambiguity, uncertainty, and a rapidly evolving business landscape
- Analytical, comfortable with large data sets, and able to extract business insights from analysis
- Ability to quickly adapt to new technologies
- Experience with managing a small team and/or highly visible, high impact cross-functional projects
- Passionate and knowledgeable about diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) and how to apply DEI principles into People Strategy & Operations programs and initiatives
Read Full Job Description