Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Our mission is to transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste. The industry is huge and so is the opportunity to change the way freight moves.
The next time you’re out driving and see an 18-wheeler on the road, that truck is empty 35% of the time. When big trucks drive empty, they throw unnecessary CO2 into the atmosphere. In fact, empty trucks generate more than 76 million metric tons of wasted carbon emissions every year. At Convoy, our digital freight network helps reduce those empty miles and cut carbon waste by nearly half.
This is your opportunity to collaborate with an incredible group of people and help transform the freight industry. Join Convoy and help move the world forward.
In this role, you will be responsible for working closely with the VP of People to set the strategy and priorities for the People function, align resources, and lead People team operating rhythms. You will also work closely with the People Leadership Team , cross-functional partners and other Convoy leaders to build alignment and drive execution of the People team priorities and programs.
In your role, you will be a thought partner and trusted advisor to frame, influence and accelerate decisions and execution across a wide range of People team priorities. You will also help oversee and prepare the VP of People with executing highly sensitive projects (often with a fast turn-around time), and preparing materials for internal and external executive presentations and communications. In the course of your work, you will draw from capabilities and past experience that might include meeting design and facilitation, Program Management, data analytics and storytelling, and stakeholder engagement and change management.
- Work with VP of People on setting the vision and translating that vision to annual priorities and strategies
- Facilitate the planning / prioritization / budgeting process, working with partner teams (e.g. Finance)
- Oversee the budget and position/headcount management in partnership with People leads.
- Drive the effective functioning of People team, ensuring that the correct cadence of meetings is taking place, that effective agendas are in place to foster impactful discussion, and that follow up on action items occurs
- Set up a cadence of MBRs and QBRs to facilitate tracking of progress and status updates on the People team priorities
- Partner with the Internal Communications team to cascade key info via weekly updates, email comms, Company-wide All hands, etc.
- Provide leverage and bandwidth by leading special projects and initiatives on behalf of the VP of People, including preparing materials for the compensation committee, board materials and other executive presentations.
- Partner with People leads to translate project ideas/vision into actionable plans.
- Serve as an escalation partner to bring definition and scope to special projects.
We're looking for someone who has:
- Excellent business acumen with proven ability to build relationships and work with stakeholders across the company.
- Project management and organization skills
- Act as a trusted advisor and strictly maintain confidentiality
- Systems-thinker and able to translate strategy to execution across multiple teams
- Document writing and presentation skills with the ability to develop effective narratives utilizing People strategy, priorities and data
- Critical-thinking skills and ability to connect dots and proactively develop proposals and solutions
- Prior experience in the Human Resources function
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field (Master’s degree preferred)
- 10+ years of related work experience
Employees' wellbeing is top of mind for the Convoy team. Outside of offering excellent medical, dental, and vision benefits, we also offer the following:
* On demand mental and emotional health benefits through Lyra
* On demand primary care through 98.6
* Generous paid time off
* Paid parental leave program
* Fertility benefit solutions via Progyny
* Child-care and adult/elder-care options through Bright Horizons
* Opportunity to join and contribute to one of our Employee Resource Groups
* Ability to make a real world impact!
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!